Make Kinmunity Great Again! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Make Kinmunity Great Again!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gryff, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    (I know it isn't song lyrics, but how could I resist? :D)
    (Also, apologies if this is the wrong place...)

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like this community took some permanent damage after the reset. It feels like the chat is empty more often, and people are posting on the forums even less than they used to. New members come all the time, but it seems like most barely post anything. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. But that's what I see. So I want to discuss this with everyone, and see if we can come up with ideas to stimulate more talk around here. One idea might be for some of us to make a concerted effort to start a number of new on-topic threads; odds are at least some of them will stick. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Moon Shadow Rayne

Bones:
    Ƀ186.66
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    As you know I never have done a lot of posting, and without my friends who were deleted in the reset it seems pointless most of the time to go on chat... Pomonah, Wonderlisk, Afanc, and many others were deleted and have not returned. It feels empty without them. I don't really know what I would post in the forums if I wanted to...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.63
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I've tried starting as many new threads as I can, when ideas for them come to mind that is. Still need more ideas for discussions and such.

4. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.45
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I know I've been a bit hesitant in posting lately. Mostly its whenever I see a thread that is similar to one that was lost in the reset I'm a bit nervous of replying because I can't remember how I replied to the original thread.

5. Thetis

Thetis Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ27.95
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    To be fair, a lot of online activity dies down in the summer months, especially for forums. For sure the reset did not help, but I can't help but think that this is also partially a natural decrease in activity.

6. FireSong

FireSong Wyrmling
    Alien/SpacekinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,001.07
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I have been feeling quiet and not wanting to post much, but I'd be up for starting some new threads for discussions. Don't have all that many ideas, but if other people did the same, we'd probably produce a lot more activity. :) Right now it seems like, you check the new posts, and there's barely anything there, so then I know for me it means I check less and less.

7. Mist Howler

Mist Howler Tofu-Eating Reptilian
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Alien/Spacekin

Blue Shift PhilterSparkling PhilterVoice KeyGold VIP - Six Month Subcription
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,632.76
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Mood:
    :angel:
    I do tend to agree with Thetis. Some places do get quiet during the summer months from people going on vacation or just going outdoors, in general. I noticed several of our frequent members are going on a hiatus/vacation currently so that may have something to do with it.

Also, I have been more frequent in chat and group discussions, personally, but I am sure that I can find an idea that might be interesting for y'all to discuss, sometime soon. Granted, I am on a schedule where work and school take up practically my whole time, but I will try to find a way around it to maybe get the forums going. c:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I'm glad you guys are with me here :) I'm going to try to post more topics as well.

9. coffeebear

coffeebear Hatchling

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13.72
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Having not been a part of Kinmunity prior to the reset, I don't have much to compare to, but as a new user who still has some self-doubt, I just wanted to chip in since I'd really like to see this place survive and thrive.

I've posted precious few new threads, and replied to even fewer, mostly because I don't feel I have the requisite knowledge or experience to make a meaningful contribution. I'm essentially just learning to walk, and it doesn't help that of all the posts I've made, I've easily started three times that many and deleted them prior to completion. I'll get halfway through, realize that I'm not really adding anything worthwhile to the conversation, and move on silently.

Even now, I'm questioning whether or not to delete this post, but I suppose it's best if I continue, if only as a voice to encourage everyone to stay the course. I've seen a few other therian/otherkin forums out there, and Kinmunity is by far the most active and most polished site I've seen. If there are others, please, by all means, let me know.. I don't mind using two sites right now - I need all the input I can get. But I really like Kinmunity, and if there's anything else I can do to improve the group aside from making posts, well.. my inbox is always open.

10. FireSong

FireSong Wyrmling
    Alien/SpacekinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,001.07
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    @coffeebear Definitely stay the course, if you feel that you're able to. :) This is a nice community when it gets down to it, and though it's quiet now, I don't think it's in danger of dying. A newcomer's voice is just as welcome. Asking questions, exploring who you are, that's participating and that's just as important as what people who've been here a long time may have to write. If anything, you have newer things to say! I hope that you can feel comfortable to keep your posts up.

11. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Any contributions to the site are helpful. And even if you don't think you're too knowledgeable in a topic, reply anyway. Tell us your thoughts, ask questions, etc. So far I know I at least appreciate what you've contributed so far. And you're right, this is probably the best kin site out there right now.

From one dedicated member to another :evilsmile:

12. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I wish I could contribute more. I am trying. I have made a few groups, not sure if that will help. I will see what I can do.
    --- Post updated ---
    I forgot to add this and I just remembered. It's also summer time and internet use drops during the summer. It's a lot more apparent on places like secondlife then a forum however. Thought I'd add that in.

#12 Maggie Darkmoon, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016