McMansion Hell | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

McMansion Hell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gryneos, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ483.95
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    :)
    The title says it all for this tumblr blog, but here are some image samples from it with notations for an idea of what you'll see when you go to the page :)

Houston, TX
    Everything’s bigger in Texas, so they say. They also say “Don’t Mess With Texas®” which was an anti-littering campaign in the 80s(?) and these houses definitely qualify as littering so technically I’m not messing with Texas®.

To say that this house is a mess would be an understatement, and, if you’ve been reading this blog for the last couple of weeks, you’ll know why immediately.

[​IMG]

This illustrious house, built in 2007 boasting 5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms is currently for sale for $1,498,000 despite the fact that it looks like it was made for, maybe, like, $8.

As always, we first admire the dramatic waste of space that is the 2-story foyer.

[​IMG]

But wait!

[​IMG]

and so on... XD

Hilarious blog and informative, especially on various architectural elements, such as columns, dormers, roofs, and masses. I highly recommend it
    :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.40
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I was very excited when I first found that tumblr, because previously I had thought I was the only one who thought those huge houses (and their decor) were super tacky.

As someone who thinks the average 2 storey American house you see on tv is a mansion, the space wastage of some houses never ceases to amaze me. I mean, theres no way the people owning those behemoths have uses for all that space.

One of the most interesting things I found on that blog was a link to an article on McMansions, in which it was mentioned that such buildings only exist to be sold and resold and resold again as each new owner realises just how terrible they are to actually live in. One of the comments on the article was from someone living in a Florida town where there was a whole gated community of McMansions that sprung up sometime post-80s. The commenter says that for most of the year the houses are completely empty, with the only people seen in the community are the gardeners and housekeepers.

Such a thing seems so foreign and bizarre to me. I just can't even imagine it, a suburb so eerie and empty.

3. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ483.95
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    Tacky is their middle name! ;)
    McMansion owners have to be cheap to flaunt their wealth. Unlike the wealthy people who live in real mansions. Usually, us peons can't even see their places because they live privately, behind large hedges and trees, and surrounded by beautifully-landscaped grounds.

So, it doesn't surprise me that there are gated communities of only McMansions. They might as well be trailer parks for the tastelessly wealthy :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.40
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Such a perfect analogy!

5. Neve VR52

Neve VR52 Vintage Warm
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Machines United!

Solar Flare PhilterBurning PhilterMetalic blueBackground KeyGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ33,886.93
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    Hahaha! I got a good laugh out loud out of this.

6. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,376.34
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Oh wow, I'm not even interested in this stuff and it is still hilarious. XD

7. Svant Ixen

Svant Ixen Fire in the Sky
    VIP

Background KeyGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionSilver Dragon CoinGold Dragon CoinFerocious Green DragonChibi DragonFerocious Navy DragonBronze Otherkin HeptagramBronze Dragon CoinFerocious Red DragonVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ33,166.57
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    That's amazing.

Haha, we got a good laugh out of that! What weird houses..
     Sonic  

#7 Svant Ixen, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  8. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ483.95
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    I'm not that interested in architecture, either, but it is nice the blogger takes the time to inform on the different elements, so you can laugh along as the McMansion errors (those are features, not errors, peon!) are pointed out :closedeyesmile: