Media Relations to Kintype | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Media Relations to Kintype

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FaerieForged, Oct 12, 2016.

1. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,138.96
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I am sure it has happened to all of us, or at least most of us. We're minding our own business and BAM, some piece of media (be it an advertisement, a commercial, a song, etc) shows up and you just cannot untie it from how well it connects to your kintype (or system member).

I was browsing through Facebook and came across this photo on a Viking page I like, and I cannot not think about the precarious time when Blyte was still corrupted and lay dormant within our soulscape in our last life.

[​IMG]

Anyone else come across something that was initially innocuous that reminds them of a kintype or headmate/spirit guide/etc?

2. Homura

Homura Hatchling
    Demonkin

CrowBlack Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ609.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Obviously any of my sources would count since I'm fictionkin but I've found other pieces of media which some super close to what I was like as Homura (especially since I get AU after a certain point and I doubt they'll show that in canon here). Even though the overall movie was a bit lacklustre, the character of Miss Peregrine in the new movie is very similar to how I was: Time travelling bird shapeshifter XP Her personality is pretty close to my one as Homura too.

Another one is the song GIRL by Daoko (medium version since the longer one's been taken down) which I really loved hearing the first time. When I looked up what the lyrics meant in English though, it was really eerily close to describing events and feelings that happened in my canon so that was a bit "oh ok" XP Still an amazing song though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neve VR52

Neve VR52 Vintage Warm
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Machines United!

Metalic blueBackground KeyBurning PhilterGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionSolar Flare PhilterVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ36,278.21
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I know I've mentioned it in other threads, and have listed it in my profile, but I had such a profound "kin moment" the first time I saw it that Dave Grohl's documentary, "Sound City," bears mentioning again. If you haven't seen it, you can find it streaming free with a quick Google search. On top of it being about a Neve mixing console that gave all the great 90's rock bands their sound, Rupert Neve is in it and talks about his designs. I've never had such a kin connection to media.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shezep

Shezep Hatchling
    VIP

Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Bones:
    Ƀ373.76
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I got quite a surprise when I read American Gods. I felt like Gaiman had been spying on me somehow.

Red tail hawk? Check. Illinois? Not right next to St. Louis, but yeah I lived there for a couple years, next to a body of water where the lotuses bloomed. BF Crazy? Guilty, in fact I often thought it would be nice to just go full hawk and leave everything behind. (The first time I met big Heru he wasn't in good shape either. Losing your entire culture can do that to you.) Thunderbirds? The beings I hung out with weren't the same as what he described, because they're not quite the same across all cultures, but still a big yes. TBs are healers though, so the fact that book Horus was hanging out with them is a good sign.

Heck, the first house I grew up in was on a street called Eaglestone. I didn't even know what that was until I read the book. (Because again, different "birds.")

Does that make me fictionkin? Or does that make Gaiman a prophet? The second wouldn't surprise anyone I'm sure. All these things were in place long before I read the book. He even described something similar to sharding. There were definite differences though. I'm not saying I'm literally that character, but maybe that character could be a 2d cut out that has some interesting similarities to me.

That book might even be one of the reasons I stopped running from it. That and Ra getting mad and frying my energy. That was a little hard to ignore. Proof? No such thing, but it does make a hefty WUMPH when thrown on the evidence pile.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lee RuralWolf

Lee RuralWolf A.K.A Lee Lobo (Mexican Wolf)
    K9 Unit

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,071.22
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I too came across this very same image on Facebook. In a day that was already filled with anxiety from various sources. This made it worse.

As anyone knows my past, they know accepting, coming to grips with who I was and "the beast within", was one of the hardest things I've done in my life. After living 18 years in various states of uncertainty, and uneducated mindset toward what I was.

This image threw me right back into those fears, even though I have since accepted, stopped denying who I am, and accepted my Mexican Wolf theriotype, one cannot just erase that means years of mental torture.

It will take decades to heal wounds if it ever happens.

I think this image speaks to so much of us, because what it means to be human conflicts with what many of us experience daily, even before an awakening. So when we accept our eventual internal identities, there is that mismatch of our minds saying we should be this, but the main parts of our mind saying, no we are this....

Being a therian, a real one, not a teen wolf, or wolfaboo, what have you isn't something that you can turn off when you're tired like a Playstation. It's a life long situation, it is who we all are. In the end, that is the most challenging thing to accept. So THAT is why that image causes so much inner fear, and turmoil.

Lee

• Like Like x 1