• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

mind helping a fellow member out?

86kicks1

im fallen angel kin, seeing as I was cast out of heaven for falling in love with a demon. sometimes I can feel my wife, but it makes my back ache. i think I remember my wings being ripped or sawed off.

my point is, does anyone have any tips for how to live more comfortably as a fallen angel? maybe certain room decor or maybe meals or songs ?

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
Hiya! I have a bit of a similar issue, being both a hybrid of angel and demon (and wolf but ya know) And my SO is a demon as well, and yes, by certain people us being together was frowned upon.

First, I think you should look at how you want to feel comfortable. Are you proud or ashamed of what you are? If its shame, you should try very hard to think of the good about it. (IE, not being forced to conform the heavens rules and being with the one you love, that sounds cool imo).

If you miss your wings, try buying some costume prop wings to wear! I've found them helpful personally when I want my wings to feel more "physical."

And, I think you should surround yourself with things from that life that made you happy, no matter how small!

Hope this helps!! ^-^

C

cloudlet

Unverified
Hi! I'm also a divine! I can relate to this to some extent - I feel just plain wrong and out of place so often, ahh

Definitely seconding the above!! What's comforting to one angel might make another unhappy (especially considering some feel very fondly towards heaven, while others absolutely do not, regardless of status), so it's good to do some healthy introspection and think about what's important to your identity, and what you need to feel at ease.

I'm not fallen, but personally, I love small charms and decorative pieces and things that have holy imagery. I really want a necklace with wings on it, or a statuette of an angel, things like that. They feel really homely and reassuring to me. Also, if you're able to paint or buy decorative lights for your room, they can really make the atmosphere feel more personal and comfy. Maybe you could take a little section of your room and dedicate it to your kintype! Take a corner or a section of a shelf or a container or what have you and fill it with things that make you feel more in tune with yourself, and then you have something to turn to if your feelings get bumpy.

Clothing choices can make a big difference, too! Finding an aesthetic that makes you feel more true to yourself is fun. If you want a more subtle approach to wings, there are lots of neat sweaters and pajamas out there that come with little wings attached! I have a winged kigu for birdkith reasons, and I love it so much. >w<

(Blizzard interjecting here - I think having a cloak or cape to just wear around the house would be sick. Like, it's not perfect, but it's reminiscent enough of the feeling of wings to be comforting, y'know? Plus, I might've worn a similar thing in my memories, so hey, bonus.)

I'd also definitely recommend associating with other divines. There are lots of really lovely angelkin and general divinekin groups (especially on Discord) that accept everyone!! It can feel really fulfilling to be surrounded by people who can empathize, who have gone through similar struggles, and may even have similar memories. They also have a lot of cool ideas for making life a bit more angelic (or demonic, if that's your taste)!

This is a bit long and ramble-y, but I hope it inspires. ^^

- King | he/him

86kicks1

Hi! I'm also a divine! I can relate to this to some extent - I feel just plain wrong and out of place so often, ahh

Definitely seconding the above!! What's comforting to one angel might make another unhappy (especially considering some feel very fondly towards heaven, while others absolutely do not, regardless of status), so it's good to do some healthy introspection and think about what's important to your identity, and what you need to feel at ease.

I'm not fallen, but personally, I love small charms and decorative pieces and things that have holy imagery. I really want a necklace with wings on it, or a statuette of an angel, things like that. They feel really homely and reassuring to me. Also, if you're able to paint or buy decorative lights for your room, they can really make the atmosphere feel more personal and comfy. Maybe you could take a little section of your room and dedicate it to your kintype! Take a corner or a section of a shelf or a container or what have you and fill it with things that make you feel more in tune with yourself, and then you have something to turn to if your feelings get bumpy.

Clothing choices can make a big difference, too! Finding an aesthetic that makes you feel more true to yourself is fun. If you want a more subtle approach to wings, there are lots of neat sweaters and pajamas out there that come with little wings attached! I have a winged kigu for birdkith reasons, and I love it so much. >w<

(Blizzard interjecting here - I think having a cloak or cape to just wear around the house would be sick. Like, it's not perfect, but it's reminiscent enough of the feeling of wings to be comforting, y'know? Plus, I might've worn a similar thing in my memories, so hey, bonus.)

I'd also definitely recommend associating with other divines. There are lots of really lovely angelkin and general divinekin groups (especially on Discord) that accept everyone!! It can feel really fulfilling to be surrounded by people who can empathize, who have gone through similar struggles, and may even have similar memories. They also have a lot of cool ideas for making life a bit more angelic (or demonic, if that's your taste)!

This is a bit long and ramble-y, but I hope it inspires. ^^

- King | he/him
hey!! Thank you so much for this, it really helped!!!

Hiya! I have a bit of a similar issue, being both a hybrid of angel and demon (and wolf but ya know) And my SO is a demon as well, and yes, by certain people us being together was frowned upon.

First, I think you should look at how you want to feel comfortable. Are you proud or ashamed of what you are? If its shame, you should try very hard to think of the good about it. (IE, not being forced to conform the heavens rules and being with the one you love, that sounds cool imo).

If you miss your wings, try buying some costume prop wings to wear! I've found them helpful personally when I want my wings to feel more "physical."

And, I think you should surround yourself with things from that life that made you happy, no matter how small!

Hope this helps!! ^-^
This really does help, so thank you a whole bunch!!!