VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    So, you all know me (I hope!) from being around here there and everywhere. Even Kyoko's had a word as well, which is interesting. Although it's usually a comment on how much I talk to the newcomers.

Anyway, on a more relevant point, I started out in the tulpamancy community around... Last September or August, I believe. AshenFall and I kinda helped each other, and it helped to know someone else was discovering this just as I was, so we helped each other out along the way.

And I worked on my tulpa, Hennessey, in that time. So after an amount of time I got some responses in tulpish (a way tulpas communicate, through images or emotions or other things I can't remember), and that made me feel great.

So what happened? Why don't I talk about Hennessey much?
    I have my theory

So, fast forward to around February, and an experience happened that gave me more of an insight into the soulbonding community. As I'll say to anyone, I was happily sat there gaming away on Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, some point in the game that mentioned some of Kyoko's past just unleashed a surge of both anger and sadness that came out of nowhere, to the point where I nearly cried over it. And so that all started, and it continues to the time I post this.

Now, back to my theory - as soon as Kyoko made herself known, Hennessey just disappeared without trace, even with my repeated efforts. I've joked at times that Kyoko pretty much kicked her out, and maybe there's some truth to that. I'll never know.

I wondered what you'd say, or when you'd finish. So, yes, hello, I'm Kyoko Kuremi, Mirath's soulbond. Even I know this will vary, but from my own experiences being in a world that's physically separate from my own is the most fascinating thing. Not like I'm stuck here, no, I'd never have come over without a backup plan. Mirath likes answering and asking lots of questions, but maybe that something we both have in common in some twisted string of fate... I digress though, the people she knows here are interesting enough in their own unique ways.
     Kyoko  

2. Terro

Terro Wyrmling
    Elder

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ457.24
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    Interesting, I'm still kind if new to the tulpa type phenomenon. Do you feel that the tulpa is a construct of your own will or facet of yourself? Or do you feel that a tulpa is an external entity that has joined you, such as a walk in type phenomenon?

I ask because of the comment about one being "kicked out" by the other.

3. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    Heh, my comment is just a theory, so I may be completely wrong about it, but either way I will answer as if I know it happened 100%

I see tulpas as a more psychological phenomenon, with most tulpas being created through 'giving a specific thought attention and focus' until they develop a personality and thoughts and feelings of their own (which may or may not conflict with the opinions or personalities of their host). So I wouldn't say exactly that a tulpa is an extension of my own self, if that makes sense?

Now, with soulbonds, with Kyoko, I see that as a more metaphysical approach, seeming as she just sorta turned up without me having to put any real effort in, and the way I personally see her presence as whether being in this world or her own.

Yes, they both fall under the umbrella term of thoughtform, but I just have different ways of looking at both of those phenomenon.

Thanks for asking @Terro, I was wondering whether to make a thread on how people saw the different thoughtforms in terms of whether it was psychological or metaphysical (or maybe a bit of both).

4. Terro

Terro Wyrmling
    Elder

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ457.24
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    My pleasure to ask those driving questions.

Does the term walk in still get used these days? Or is soul bond the new term these kids are using with their rock and/or roll and their hippity hoppity?

• Unique Unique x 1
  5. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    I've seen the term around the communities a fair few times, so I'd say it's still in use. I just use soulbond because it was the first term I came across that described this particular situation, that's all.

6. Terro

Terro Wyrmling
    Elder

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ457.24
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    Got it, flying my old fogey flag here

7. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    No problem my friend. Truth be told, when I came across soulbonding, then I came across walk-in again, I kinda went 'Oh, so that covers this as well then!'. Mostly because I hadn't heard much use of the word walk-in, so I also put it down to simply not associating the two terms

You can be a real pain sometimes. Pick one and don't confuse yourself like last time. But either way, yes, what she means to get to eventually is the fact that if you wanted to know any more, you could just ask away. And we'll try to answer them to the best of our abilities. In any case I could leave at any time, but I choose to stay and watch this world go by.
     Kyoko  

8. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    This is only partially on topic, but I have to note that I find it interesting that some of this came from resonance with something in fiction. Good to hear that I'm not alone in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    Yeah, I have to say I find it incredibly interesting as well at times, more so some of the commentary and emotions towards some of the characters/instances as I play. Although it helps that I loved the game even before this happened