Rejected - More gender/sexuality options | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Rejected More gender/sexuality options

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by foxkid, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxkid

foxkid Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Or possibly letting the users list their own sexuality? Within limits, at least.
    I also feel like maybe adding Agender and Androgyny to the gender identity list would be helpful x__x

I'm not sure how else to really describe this, but the two gender identities should be added I think !! :0

2. TheSolitaryGray

TheSolitaryGray Vaki'ir
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ28.14
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I think the problem with this is that there are so many gender identities now, with new ones being added everyday it seems, that the list would get pretty out of control if Shiro went adding new ones all the time. Besides, doesn't 'Neutrois" essentially mean 'Agender'? If so, that's an option already.

Personally, I'm normally content if a site even gives you an 'Other' option for gender. I'm even happier when it doesn't ask at all. That's just me, though.

• Like Like x 3
  3. foxkid

foxkid Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I get what you mean, yeah. I just thought it would be a good idea.
    And I didn't know thats what Neutrois was. I've never heard of that term before.

4. TheSolitaryGray

TheSolitaryGray Vaki'ir
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ28.14
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I didn't either. I had to Google it when I first saw it.

5. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.55
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I gotta agree with @TheSolitaryGray. If we started to cater to every single gender identity out there, it would eventually be an obnoxious list that would span the page when you clicked it. I think the genders should remain untouched. There are plenty of options and if you don't like it, then you can keep it hidden on your profile.

~Jessie

EDIT: I just went looking through the profiles and my gender identity and sexuality is a text box that I input information in. I don't think this is because I'm a VIP. I'm pretty sure it's for everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong but you can put whatever you want in that text boxes. So there is no reason for a drop down list, right?

6. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.61
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Our gender and sexuality profile fields are done in such a way that they encompass a wide variety of genders and sexualities without being a huge list. For those who do not feel their gender identity fits into the list, we have an "other" option. If you desired to request a specific gender or sexuality that was not on the list, it would probably be added. Agender and Androgyny are covered by the Neutrois option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.