Movie night? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Movie night?

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Spiritual Hunters, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    So I figured, since I always have a lot of time on my hands, that it would be an interesting thing for us to host a movie night together!

I haven't quite figured out how it can be done, yet really. I do have a few ideas.
    Since most members on this site are on Skype, I figured we could hold a chat on Skype and each member takes turns to host a movie by using screen sharing. They would run the movie on their computer and screen share for all the rest to see. Then those that want to watch the movie tune in. It would just be another way for everyone to connect better!

But I think you need to have the premium thing for Skype to screen share with a large group. I may be mistaken though. Anyone have any other ideas? We could also use this thread as a way to mark a date and keep track of what is going to play when. That way everyone knows whats playing and we can call it Kin Theater!

Any ideas?

~Jessie

• Like Like x 6
  2. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    A good site to do it would be Rabbit | More than just video chat. Share Your World.
    I dunno if you can share screens but you kind of put in a link to a place where you can watch the movie and be able to watch it. I don't think Skype has sound for screensharing.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I'd strongly suggest rabb.it as said before, it works fantastic for myself and my kin family. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. BlueDragon

BlueDragon Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.02
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I really like the idea, but I have a question: how about the talking? Is it going to be that there is going to be like some sort of "chatbox" where you are able to look at, or is there going to be a skype-call with all the kins who wanna watch the movie who can talk to each other that way?

Further more, I look forward to it if it's going to be real! I really like the idea :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. MoreThanUThink

MoreThanUThink The Ice Dragon
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ14.95
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Agreed! It would be awesome to have a chatbox!

• Like Like x 2
  7. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.56
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I think that sounds like a great idea! :)

Just one question though. I'm just wondering about time issues, since there'll probably be people from various different time zones coming along, that might be a bit of a problem finding a time that works for everyone.

• Like Like x 5
  8. MoreThanUThink

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ14.95
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    As much I want to join, I don't think my parents will allow me. I might only be able to chat, but unable to share movies. It's mainly because they don't want me to be talking to 'strangers'. They just don't understand.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Spiritual Hunters

Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I'll have to look into the different screen sharing ideas that people have provided. I'll try and find one that allows for chats.

I figure we find a time that would be best for as many people as possible. I would be willing to host movies at odd times during the day for those who are I different time zones. Maybe do multiple showing through the week? And people can tune in to whichever one they want to watch.

You don't need to share movies to enjoy the theater! Just sit back and enjoy :3

Thanks to everyone who offered programs and ideas! Keep them coming! We're glad to see so many people so excited for this!

~Jessie

• Like Like x 2
  10. MoreThanUThink

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ14.95
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Thank you! I LUV the idea ;)

11. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.25
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Love this idea! I have a question, will there be guidelines as to what types of movies can be shown? I know we have some teens on this site, so it might be an idea to have different "theatres" or different viewing times for the older members and one for the younger members or those who don't enjoy certain themes or imagery in movies.

12. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,016.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    This idea is perfect! I would love to do a movie night with people from this community :D I like the idea of having a skype call or chatbox while the movie is being played as well. While I know of a few sites for having multiple people watch the same thing, if it comes down to it I could always stream the movies through a stream site like twitch (might violate their rules, I'll have to check), hitbox.tv, or other stream sites. I've seen people do it before, I would be willing to do it. Though I have to echo the problem of timezones and guidelines. I suggest that if a member is under a certain age, they need parent permission if the movie may be too gory, sexualized, etc. Not sure what the age would be, but I would hope the rule doesn't apply to me, since I'm almost 17 (and many say I'm more mature than your average 17 year old) and would love to watch lots of movies.

Anyways, I absolutely love this idea :D

EDIT: Oh, and as for this thread being a way to communicate times, why don't we just make a social group for it? As @Spiritual Hunters called it, KIN THEATER! I think a social group would be a great way to organize this, since we can organize different times for different time zones or age groups in different threads (like @St Claire mentioned, if a movie is too mature for younger audiences)

13. AceOfTricks

AceOfTricks ƃuᴉuᴉɐɹ┴ uᴉ poפ ɹǝʇsʞɔᴉɹ┴
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ24.93
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    ;)
    I would love to have a movie night. I've actually wanted to have a voice chat. People tell me I sound exactly how they expect me to.

14. Spiritual Hunters

Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We can definitely have specific days for the more mature audiences. Though we'll leave it up to the people if they want to watch something like that. When we post the movies we'll have a format to use for it that would inline the rating, reasons for the rating, and if you should be 18 or older to view it. If they still chose to view it then it's their issue, not ours.

I was actually just thinking about a social group for it! I'm probably going to go make one in a moment here. What we can do for time ones is host the same movie for a span of time. Like three to five days and at random times during those days. Then people can watch at whichever time is best for them that week. Then we can have discussions of what they thought of the movies and the like in the community.

I would be really grateful if you looked up such things. I would like one that's easy to use and join like join.me but since join me doesn't have audio for screen sharing, it would kind of make it useless. Rabbit only allows up to 15 people would be a problem if this thing starts to get big. Synaptop looks good but it doesn't have a chat feature. There's a lot of options out there. We just need to find the best one.

~Jessie

15. Farkas

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,016.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    I'll do that tomorrow if you'd like :D I might just go for a streaming service, since I can easily get most movies and play them through my computer. I'll do some research on whether or not twitch allows it, and if not I'll look around for another service :)

16. Spiritual Hunters

Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Sounds great! That would be really helpful!

~Jessie

17. Farkas

Bones:
    Ƀ52,016.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    Oh man, I just got a really good idea for the chat. If we go for voice, I guess skype would work, but my idea is for text chat. I could make a room in the chat system on this site and set a password. Every movie night, the password would be different, so that only people watching the movie would be able to chat about it. I gotta go to bed now, but I feel like that would be a good idea, because the chat on places like twitch is kinda laggy and stuff. Other suggestions for text chat would be great, if you guys don't want to see this idea used :D

18. Spiritual Hunters

Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Actually, I think that would be perfect! So we can use Synaptop would be the best answer because it plays everything in real time for everyone. No one will be starting it later than anyone else and then we can use the site chat for the chat part. That would be perfect.

On another note, it seems my VIP membership has run out and the price for gold has gone up a lot. Like double. So I can't make the group right this moment but I'll make it when I get the bones.

~Jessie

19. Farkas

Bones:
    Ƀ52,016.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    I made one real quick. Everything but the pictures should be set up, and I'll be adding those tomorrow when I get the chance.

20. Spiritual Hunters

Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Oh! Okay. I was hoping to make it but I'm glad it's made. Thanks.

~Jessie