Neko Atsume | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Neko Atsume

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Marshall, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Marshall

Marshall Magical Angry Furball
    FelineHiatus

White WingsBlack CatRainbow KitsuneChibi Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    For those who are not too familiar with it, Neko Atsume is a game where the main goal is to collect cats and mementos. You do this by setting out toys and food that attract these cats. Once you have found one, it will be added to your cat book, which records all of the cats you have seen. If a cat likes you enough, they will leave a memento, which are small gifts that they leave you.

Anyways, I have a few questions for those who have played the game.

1) How many cats have you found so far?
    2) What is your favorite cat? Why?
    :relievedface: Have you found any rare cats? If so, which ones?
    4) Which is your favorite toy?

I am curious to hear from you all!

2. Fogeater

Fogeater Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.51
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I love Neko Atsume, it's so chill and relaxing! No big goals, no stress, no "feed them or they die" like in some pet games.
    1. I have all but 5 cats in the Catbook. I'm pretty sure the remaining ones are special and only attracted to certain objects.
    2. I think Guy Furry (I renamed him Gordon Catsay because I'm a NERD) is my favorite. Chef cat, makes pizza on the heating stove, or a parfait in the glass vase.
    3. I've found most of the rare cats, including the famous Tubbs. Most recently I got "Bob the Cat", who's a bobcat dressed like a mountaineer, he only climbs the tall expensive cat tree object.
    4. The sock items are SO CUTE because the cats just dangle inside them like stocking presents and smile their adorable dumb blank smiles at you.
    Did you see the brief winter themed update? For only one day, December 19, there was snow and different music, and they permanently added more objects and one more cat.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ivy

Ivy Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.07
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I've got photos of everyone but Sassy Fran and the newest cat, the latter of which hasn't yet visited at all. Sunny and Breezy have always been my favourites, but Pickles and Pepper are adorable, and Gabriel and his love of that truck... yeah, the truck, the glass vase and the cardboard train are probably my favourite toys, they all make the cats look ridiculous. I also always saw Bob the Cat as more of an Iriomote cat, myself.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Marshall

FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Yep, I really enjoyed the update! I got a lot of the new items, along with the new cat! Frosty has to be my favorite by far.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    It actually snows more than once, I think i got snow about three times. I'm currently trying to get all of the rare cats and save up for a yard expansion.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ82.06
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Never heard of the game until this thread popped up. I just downloaded it today, so I'm new to the whole thing. But it looks adorable, I think I'm really going to enjoy playing this. :)

7. Sparkself

Sparkself Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.00
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    1. I am missing probably about half a dozen cats, which annoys me to no end. I can't seem to catch Rascal or Saint Purrtrick in the act! Grr
    2. I think my favorite cat is Pepper because their eyes are super cool. But I also love my little weak baby Pickles and cutie patootie Sunny (since they show up pretty much twice every day and that is some dedication that I can get behind) and then I also love Snowball, Smokey, and Shadow. Lexy, Mack, Patches, and Peaches are also really sweet and cute. I LOVE THEM ALL I GUESS
    3. I'm only missing a handful of the rare cats. I have most of the objects to attract them, I just can't seem to catch them or to tempt them over
    4. I love the fish bowl because the cats look super cute when they look through it. I also really like the kotatsu because of the way that the cats stick out of it. Also the pile of leaves is adorable

• Like Like x 2
  8. Starry Cat

Starry Cat Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Omg. As a cat lover and felinekin, I love it! It's so cute :3

ok so
    1) idk I lost count, a lot but not all
    2)I renamed it to Jasper, but it's that pure white cat. He/She visits a lot.
    :relievedface: nope
    4) ball of yarn. It's so cute watching the cats play with it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Marshall

FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I love those items too! I was so reluctant to put the kotatsu away to get Frosty, but I did it anyways. After I get Frosty's memento, I will start putting some of my old things back.

10. Skylark

Skylark Wild
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ36.88
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    [slams fist on the table] Now THIS is the kind of thread I like to see. I spent 15 days writing a completionist guide to this game, I love it so much.

1) How many cats have you found so far? I've found all but two of the special ones, and I'm currently on what I call a "memento quest" - I get the memento from a cat, replace the goodies involved, and go for more. I'm hoping to complete the cat book shortly, I've already bought the goodies I need - I just need the space.
    2) What is your favorite cat? Why? I'm really conflicted on this one. My favorite cat is Spooky, probably over all, but I also really like Peaches (her little heart marking is so cute) and Tama (Conductor Whiskers) and Frosty (their little coat....) are also really adorable. aaaaaa
    :relievedface: Have you found any rare cats? If so, which ones? All but Miss Fortune and the adventurer cat!
    4) Which is your favorite toy? I gotta say, my favorite is the Arabesque blanket. Cats snuggling in blankets? hell yes.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Rin

Rin Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.55
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I like this game quite a bit. Smokey looks like me.
    1) How many cats have you found so far? 47/49
    2) What is your favorite cat? Why? I like Pickles and Pepper a lot. They're both just very cute, I love Pepper's appearance and Pickles looks like one of my own cats. Their personalities and behaviors are also endearing to me.
    :relievedface: Have you found any rare cats? If so, which ones? All of them except for Sassy Fran and Frosty, who continue to elude me.
    4) Which is your favorite toy? I like the Green Cat Macaroon most. Everyone is very cute in it.

12. Marshall

FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    This just in, I have finally recieved Frosty's memento!
    It's very adorable!

13. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Chibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ2,004.61
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I just got this game a few days ago. I had no idea there was so much involved, honestly.
    I have not seen most of the cats. I take their pictures whenever they visit, though
    The only rare one who frequents quite often is Tubbs. I haven't had any of the others
    I don't really have a favorite item yet. I am saving up for the expensive cat tree. I like the way the cats play with the red rubber ball, though. For some reason I find their little butts adorable XD

14. Lavrii

Lavrii Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ4.99
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    That game is freaking adorable. How do you guys even get that far...
    1.) 16 cats
    2.) I renamed every single cat, but one of them is labeled jealous. And I named that cat for a friend of mine as a joke. He did the same as me.
    3.) None
    4.) The Choo Choo Train. If that's a toy or not. It's my favorite thing.

15. Nyra

Nyra Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    I love Neko Atsume! I downloaded it before they had the english translation so ive had it for a while and its definitely one of my favorite games.
    1) I've found all the cats!
    2) Either Peaches or Spooky because I adore both of their color paterns.
    :relievedface: I've found all of them.
    4) the cheeseburger pillow is adorable but I also love the basket!

• Like Like x 3