Implemented - New Defending Your Territory Prefix - Essay | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Implemented New Defending Your Territory Prefix - Essay

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Cipher, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ845.20
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I know the current prefixes are for Debate and AMA, but I thought it would be nice to have an option to designate a thread as an "essay," too. While a debate thread might be focused around a topic for discussion, threads labeled as Essays would be mainly the original poster expanding upon and arguing a point, and perhaps continue to defend it in response to questions, but not necessarily cause a discussion as wide as a debate (more a critical commentary of their own opinions, which other people can respond to and they have to back it up).

Alternatively, this title could also work in The Meadow Theatre as well, since an Essay is a specific style of writing.

Basically, I really like the increasing levels of organization the prefixes add, and would like to see more, but this is the only one I can think of right now.

2. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Some members post things like that in their blogs on the site, seems to work pretty good for them. That's just my opinion though.

3. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.20
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    @Nyht Myst Yeah, I considered that after I'd already posted and walked away from my computer; I'm not sure how many people are as active in replying to blog posts and discussing things, so I thought it might be useful for the Defending Your Territory area as well.

4. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Well it more depends on the subject matter and what part of the week it is, weekends have less activity than the rest of the week for the most part; maybe it can be a good thing, just seems odd to put something in a forum that isn't for other people's opinions.

5. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.20
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    @Nyht Myst I thought it made sense with the title/content of Defending Your Territory. So an Essay thread would be kind of like a "defense of thesis" thing where people are encouraged to play devil's advocate and ask hard questions to challenge the essay writer. Only without the scary word "thesis." In my head I see this as being different from Debate threads in that it's more to get people to examine themselves with the help of others; posting in a forum rather than a personal blog post would be for a person who wants to be challenged, so they can learn more and grow in articulating their points.

6. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    This actually makes a lot of sense. While blogs/journals may seem like the more natural place for this, they're typically only read by those who follow the individual in question (if that). For that reason, I think it could be a useful addition, especially for the more academically oriented of us who could use the practice that this specific format would provide.

7. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    This has been implemented.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.