New here, little confused

Lalavoz

Hi! My name is Laura, and I'm coming from a background of posting a shitton on experience project in the "I believe in fictional characters" thread. Is there a similar thread on this site specifically for those who have connections/relationships with fictional characters? If so, where would I find that?
Thank you!

Addy-River

This is called soulbonding and you can find stuff about it in the plural panel section. I myself have been a soulbonder for over 16 years. I don't know of any specific threads but you can always start threads of your own. If you wanna chat you can PM me.

Water Horse

Therian as I understand it is kinning with animals specifically, even mythological ones. Wolves, dragons, snakes, cats, etc.
Hello! We don't really use the word "kinning" around here. Being a therian (otherkin/fictionkin/etc) is not something you do, which the word "kinning" implies, it is something you are. You are 'kin. :)

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, what does it mean to be Therian? I'm super unfamiliar with all of the terminology so I apologize for the ignorance :p
Being a therian means you identify as an earthly animal in some way, could be spiritual, psychological, a mix, etc. We used to have a library with most of the terminology but I don't think it's still around unfortunately.. I hope that answers it for you but don't be afraid to ask more.