Implemented - New Scent Rolling Prefix - "Lurking" | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Implemented New Scent Rolling Prefix - "Lurking"

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Mirath, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Sometimes, people will recognise their inactivity, but still want to look through and post on the site without being questioned as to why they are still around. Now, sometimes, "On Break" implies that they will just leave the site for a while, never to post or lurk until such time is over.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Honestly,

I'd prefer if people who intended to remain as lurkers simply didn't post in the scent rolling forum because it clutters it up and prevents people from seeing the more important introductions and actual departures. If you're lurking, you're technically still on the site and there's nothing to announce. However, I'd be curious to get others' thoughts on this.

3. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    What you think does make sense, and I'd be alright even if there was just a statement saying exactly that.

But yes, most people put "On Break", and people assume they will not be on the site, only to read in the post that they will only be lurking on the site. It does get confusing sometimes, hell, I've done it myself.

4. MoreThanUThink

MoreThanUThink The Ice Dragon
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ14.95
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Hmm, continuing with this idea, since I just posted my return thread, can we have a Return prefix?

I do like the idea, but lurkers normally have a reason for doing so. Otherwise, they should be active.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    We have implemented the following new prefixes in Scent Rolling
    1. Lurking
    2. Return

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.