Noises and calls | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Noises and calls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander Iris, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Alexander Iris

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I was just wondering if any of you otherkin out there make any certain noises relevant to your otherkin side. Me? Being dogkin, I sometimes howl in remote locations, bark, whimper and growl. What do you guys do, if anything?

2. Sparkself

Sparkself Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.00
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    My autism causes me to vocally stim sometimes, and with that I tend to make this same sort of noise. I think it relates to my Kintype but I'm not completely sure. It's kind of a repeated note. It might be some sort of sacred sound in my culture since I use it to focus energy (which tends to be the focus of my stimming though this is not true for all people)

3. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    This is a repost from another thread, but its revelant; I've heard it in some of the calls of dolphins and whales.

I do a strange noise that is a mix of a high whine and a purr that goes through the sinus often; most family, friends, and friends of my brother have gotten used me making this sound for no reason. When new people are over they are so confused when I walk through and make that sound, and someone has to explain that I make that sound when I'm in a good mood; most end up enjoying it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheSolitaryGray

TheSolitaryGray Vaki'ir
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ28.14
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I do tend to make this sound that I can only describe as a reptilian purr mixed with a dog yap. I usually use it to either get someone's attention or as a general reply when someone calls my name.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jasper RavenSong

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Having a Dire Wolf kintype I often growl, yip or making whines, I make strange trills & chirping noises for some reason...erm..if I start bleating like a goat (thank you Faun side XD) it's a bit hard to stop after starting, I do it repeatedly every few seconds for a minute or two.

6. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I make kazoo noises.

They're supposed to be duck noises.

I don't know why I make the noises. Probably when I'm really, really bored.

This is a really boring post.

I guess I don't make sounds.

7. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Oooohhh yes! I rarely make noises but when I do they are because I am excited or greeting someone.
    Why I will Nicker (low rumbling neigh):
    Treat or food is present and I want it A LOT, Someone I know is approaching, I see a commotion and am voicing my excitement in the matter though I am not part of it.

Why I will whinny:
    A horse whinnies and I feel the need to call out too, Someone I know is leaving and I don't wish them to, I want someone to notice me noticing them, Checking a new area for other horses (friends-people in my case)

Oddly though, I DO make cat and cougar noises often though I do not identify as such animals. I think it's because I developed it as a kid and just liked the way it sounded so it's grown on me lol

• Like Like x 3
  8. Starborn

Starborn Wild Alien Witch

Bones:
    Ƀ85.75
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I make a lot of weird sounds. Normally only when I'm alone, or with my fiance (who is also a starseed) and close friends (who are aware of my identity), but sometimes - on very rare occasions - they do slip out at less desirable times... These sounds tend to be controlled, done consciously, purposely... but sometimes they escape my body without my control, haha.

I trill when I'm happy or excited. Think of the sounds Momo makes (from Avatar: The Last Airbender). XD
    I hiss when something makes me angry. Generally used to discipline my cat, but they are a sound my species made as well.
    I growl, snarl, bare my teeth and snap when I feel threatened. Unfortunately, this one happens the most often in public as it appears to be my main reaction to whenever a wasp or hornet gets too close to me (I'm allergic to them and thus terrified of them).
    I make a deep, low rumbling sound like a purr when I am content or pleased with something.
    I also, on occasion, make a frog-like noise along with a head-tilt when curious/questioning.

I'm sure I make other weird noises, but that's all I can think of right now. XD

#8 Starborn, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne The Real Fullmetal Alchemist
    VIP Hiatus

Gold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionBackground Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ94.98
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I chirp (like a cheetah) when I'm happy or excited
    I rumble (like a elephant would) in content or trying to communicate with my soul brother or family member (This slips out the most in public)
    I snarl, growl bare my teeth when I'm frustrated, threatened, angry or frightened.
    I yelp when I'm startled or in pain.
    I howl (its a form of communication as well as singing) when I feel like it.

#9 TheAncientOne, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Alexander Iris

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    That's very fascinating. I have yet to become comfortable with doing ANYTHING in public...

11. Draconi kratosus

Draconi kratosus Keeper of the Memory, Dream Interpreter

Bones:
    Ƀ20.85
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    When I yawn I do a hiss-roar sort of thing. Like what crocodiles and alligators do.
    If I'm feeling anger in one form or another I tend to growl and/or roar.
    When someone scratches me in just the right spot I purr and when I'm communicating with my pets I chirrup(this is the best description I can give on the sound I make).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lost

Lost Wyrmling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ90.85
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    i make really weird noises when people poke my sides (which of course makes them poke my sides more)
    and sometimes when i yawn i drag it through my nasal passage like a snore so it sounds something like a growl
    and sometimes i just make noises instead of verbally responding, or instead of just saying what i want

• Like Like x 2
  13. toeclaws

toeclaws Oh Lord, a skunk, get away!
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.34
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    I have a raspy squeal-chirp-type thing I've been doing since I was about 12, which usually comes up when I'm excited or surprised. I was genuinely shocked when I first heard skunk vocalizations and discovered the similarity.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Alexander Iris

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Very interesting. I work with dogs, and you wouldn't believe how effective growling and baring teeth at them work. I try not to do it often because if a dog chellenges Mr I could cause a fight.

15. klawl

klawl Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I have this irritated hissing sound I do that seems to evolve over time.
    I grew up with more cats than dogs in my house, so I learned to mimic a cat pretty well. I learned to hiss, few different meows and that growly whine thing they do when someone's about to get cut.
    After I got a small flock of ducks and had to routinely retrieve eggs from beneath an angry momma duck, I learned that even through their beaks are not sharp like a chickens, they still bite and it still hurts. They also hiss. It's a more breathy sound, softer than a cat's. And so I incorporated that into my sound.
    When we got our new dog awhile back, we started to display more canine-like attributes, and now the sound's become a more throaty growl, but still maintaining a similar pitch to a hiss.
    ~NiKkie
    In addition to the barks and growl-hiss of the canines, I tend to make a few otter-like noises myself. Otters are very vocal and commonly utilize a wide variety of sounds to communicate. I'll do many of them, mostly when I'm in the presence of people who know about me, which tend to be a lot, or alone. Though I do on a consistent basis make a screeching sound when I'm surprised or threatened regardless of current company. Other times I'll click, chirp, chatter and rarely I'll trill or bark.
    I think it'd be cool if whoever was comfortable doing it recorded whatever sounds they make and post it. I'll do it if someone else does, I don't want to be alone XD
    ~Verice

• Like Like x 2
  16. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Obviously, as a 'morph, I do a lot... I'm the type of person who, if I'm bored enough, will start making random sounds. Most of these are animal sounds, or similar. I growl quite well, and can also snarl, bark(wolf, hound, dog, chihuahua, puppy, shepherd, and more), yip, howl, whine, and whimper. I can meow, hiss, and do that pissed-off cat screech. I can snort like a horse, and used to whinny all the time, but I sound a bit ridiculous now whenever I try. I sometimes will do a weird lion-like roar when yawning (it's complicated to explain, but my brain recognizes that my body is making the same actions a lion would when they roar), and I love to meow like a lion cub. I also chirp like a cheetah quite often, and do a tiger-like chuff. I've also practiced Toothless sounds quite extensively, and can somewhat do most of his types of growls, chortling, screeching, and attempt to roar. (Dragon sounds are by far the hardest.) I'm also, proudly, really good at ape sounds; specifically chimpanzee. There's probably more, but this mostly sums it up.