Odd people showing up in your dreams | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Odd people showing up in your dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Draconi kratosus, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Draconi kratosus

Draconi kratosus Keeper of the Memory, Dream Interpreter

Bones:
    Ƀ20.97
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I have had one recently. Daschiterron. if anyone knows her, please let me know.
    Also if you have anyone, feel free to post.

2. Silas

Silas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.69
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I've had beings from my demonic mate's realm in my dreams (read: nightmares). Not fun, but we eventually figured out the problem and dealt with it.

3. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.35
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Now I ain't no genius and your comment left be a little baffled. What do you mean, if anyone knows her? Are you asking if she's a real person cause that would be interesting. Normally names in dreams are either from people we know or a name our mind makes up by jumbling names of people we know. If it's actually someone you don't know but someone else does, that would be very interestin.

We don't really share dreams with other people or dream of other people. Jessie's really the one that does that. A lot of her dreams have people she knows in them but we also share dreams sometimes. We've swapped in the middle of dreams before.

-Kay

4. Draconi kratosus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.97
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    She is a friend from a past life. The dream was too realistic to only be a dream and also Draconi says it's a memory, She was the only survivor of the massacre.

5. NightHawk

NightHawk Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Sometimes I meet people in my dreams that are incredibly familiar. Familiar to the point that I feel like sometime before we interacted, and in my dreams we usually start chatting like old friends. Then becuase I'm operating with my current brain, I don't know their name even though I feel like I should know it, and I get so embarrassed asking them. It's like forgetting your best friends name or something.
    It's quite old when this happens. I always feel like I'm meeting such interesting and depthful people, it honestly kind of pains me to wake up, becuase I don't want to not know them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lucy Clara

Lucy Clara Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I know what that's like... Sometimes it can be quite disheartening.

7. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I rarely see faces in my dreams and just as rarely have dreams that have someone I know in it; one dream had a very clear face of a woman, pretty like a model (unnatural beauty) with a common hair style like a bob or similar with odd colored indigo or purple. Seeing as the entire dream had a sepia over tone the bright and vivid eye color really stood out.

8. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Sometimes your mind replaces faces of those you already know. It's a strange phenomenon but it's basically your mind taking mannerisms from those it's observed and placing them into what your subconscious is brewing up. That's why they seem so familiar and like you could almost know exactly who it is if you think about it but in that state reality doesn't quite click and often it is forgotten or distorted to were the similarities aren't as clear as it might have been had your conscious recognized it. :)

9. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I found that to be shockingly similar to creating/recognizing forms as a polymorph. Wow. A lot of polymorphs mimic/mirror, where we also take familiar mannerisms and combine them to create a form. It makes everything we do seem oddly familiar to something else, because our mind is recognizing a mannerism that we had originally seen elsewhere.
    You're able to swap within dreams? Forgive me if I seem rude, but how does that work? I'm highly curious.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Spiritual Hunters

Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.35
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Well, it's kind of an interesting situation. Sometimes we share dreams and sometimes those shared dreams are in one body. Typically, that happens when a headmate joins the dream after it's been going on for awhile.

~Jessie

• Like Like x 3
  11. Draconi kratosus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.97
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    Another person has shown up recently. It was a one off but the person was female with black stripes, white fur, claws.

12. Silas

Silas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.69
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    This has happened to me too. I had a really trippy one where the host and I were sharing a consciousness in a dream, but we switched "awareness" i suppose. Part of the dream would be her point of view, then it switched to mine, then back to hers and she saw me, then back to mine and I saw her and I was in the position that she had just seen me. A few months ago, I shared a dream with Jaten.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    That sounds super trippy, and would drive me crazy to experience, haha.
    Seeing as Jessie said "happens when a headmate joins the dream after it's been going on for a while" does this mean that other headmates are capable of seeing the other headmate dream? Without joining into it? Or, would they need to join to see/experience dreaming?

14. Silas

Silas Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.69
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Dream-state is a strange concept, and i think it depends on the REM cycles of the other headmates. Since I'm more or less the "dominant" consciousness, I can't remember the other's dreams, but when they front, they can "remember" mine. I've always assumed that the reason why I shared dreams with the host and Jaten is that our REM cycles occurred at the same time, thereby making us able to dream at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Spiritual Hunters

Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.35
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Man! You are asking us questions we never thought about before. We actually had to discuss this one to give you a good answer. Unfortunately, we don't know. We've never really tried before. When another headmate joins a dream, it's usually on accident or they jump right into the dream. We've never really lingered before or tried to see another's dream. We're going to assume no. We imagine it's just like if you walk up to a friend who's dreaming. You wouldn't be able to see those dreams either. But we're all in the headspace and linked more mentally than you and your friend. So we have an easier time sharing a dream.

~Jessie

16. Jasper RavenSong

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Erm, I'm hoping this is the correct place to ask such a question, I'm still really new to this site's construction..I see this thread is dedicated to 'Odd People In Your Dreams'. ...can this also imply strange creatures/beings being in your dreams? I have a very odd reoccurring dream involving this large forest like maze, & though I can find my way out every time, there's this blue of a female that seems so helpless that I must help every time. The only thing I can grasp memory about her is she was small sized, with large green eyes, pale creamy skin & locks of gold-wheat colored hair, reaching her hips in a wavy manner.
    I can't tell if she's elven or not..the other is this odd 'Realm' I have been to twice. This creature is huge in size, though it is wolf. I think. It's fur & face seem nearly twisted like knotted bark on a tree, & it has wooden antler horns. This Realm is obviously of fey origins, though it's as if the wolf creature is someone I know, & these dreams are a sign this someone needs my aid or is in potential harm of some sort. Honestly it's highly confusing, & I'm hoping someone may understand such odd dreams...? Again I apologize if this post is in the wrong area >_<"

17. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Hahaha, you're welcome. Well, that does make sense to me, thank you for answering!

18. Draconi kratosus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.97
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    Don't worry, this is the right thread for such a post.

What I am getting from your dreams is this:
    For the first lot; The maze is representative of your feelings about your existence, you feel lost. The person you feel you need to help, is someone who might appear insignificant to you at first but will probably aid you more than you know.

For the second lot; The Realm, is your dreamscape. The wolf creature, I am not sure what that symbolises.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jasper RavenSong

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Tha
    Thank you, that bit does help some. I often get confusing dreams, some of which end up happing a day after or whatnot, which is a bit nerve wracking.

20. Majistrere

Majistrere Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ-11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Hey. There are many creatures in this world, that people don't know about, because they can't see far away from their own truth; they can't accept the truth of others.
    Meditate and find the answer in meditations and dreams, some names and truths must remain unknown to the world... but known to the worthy.
    If someone considered worthy just for you to know her name, keep it hidden, even from yourself; the name it's a sacred thing for the underworld.

• Like Like x 2