• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

Origins of your username

I could never find a username that I liked enough to stick with it for long before I got to this one. I was asking a friend to help me come up with a username. Actually, he suggested "LavenderLight" and I almost went with it. It's pretty, but like I told him, "it doesn't quite have the... whimsical feel that I'm going for". Then it hit me. Since we were already on the alliteration train with LavenderLight, I decided on WhimsicalWays. And I figured it would be easier to remember what to call me if it was just a shorthand version of my username, so I go by Whim.

Effervescent-Daydream

Honestly, I just wanted something with a soft and cute feel, so I started thinking of words that gave me the vibe I was going for, and "daydream" was one of them. I also always really liked -escent words, "Evanescent", "Efflorescent", etc, so I eventually settled on adding one to the name. Effervescent also means bubbly, which makes me think of something "bubbly" and happy. On top of that, something about applying a physical quality (being bubbly or fizzy) to a nonphysical thing (a daydream) feels somehow poetic to me and I like that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
“Scientific hooliganism” was a phrase used to describe a phone prank back in the 1800s and I really liked it and wanted to make it my dA username but the name was too long for deviantArt so I removed the “-ism” part and the name stuck.

Archie is my name now and was my birth name as Zonic (a lot of us changed our names for some reason or another.) I decided that since I am trans, I would just keep the name Archie. My name as Zonic was Archibald but I hate that name, I prefer the shorter version. Ace, I guess in some way symbolises how I had a flawless record as Zonic and how I was and still am proud of that, even though I can't really take credit for being a dimension-hopping cop anymore.

Sapphire

Sapphire's my name, I happened upon it by comparing me and barker (median twins) to ruby and sapphire in steven universe. Barker is very like ruby - impulsive and enthusiastic and loud, favorite color red, and I'm more like sapphire - calmer and analytical, favorite color blue. Overall I'm not terribly similar to sapphire the character, but the name fit me instantly

Lopori is the name of my fursona and general online alias. It is originally the name of a river that runs through bonobo habitat in DRC, plus the name of a bonobo at the nearby zoo, I found it to be a very pretty name so I nabbed it for myself. To an extent it's a were name too since I feel like the bonobo part of me is being addressed directly when I go by Lopori. It's as much my real name as my actual real name. 

It's the translation of troodon, which I used to call my theriotype before scientists declared troodon invalid and renamed what I am stenonychosaurus...which ironically enough used to be used before they went with troodon. Anyway, I stayed with Wounding Tooth since I think it's better sounding than the meaning of stenonychosaurus, Narrow Claw lizard.

South_Claw

It's the name of a magickal alter-ego I take on from time to time to help with my magic and also to connect with draconian energy. It's the most closely associated name I have to my dragonkinity. 

"South" represents fire as I heavily associate that direction with fire. I work with fire-related energy a lot and there's something magical and spooky to me about the southern direction.

"Claw" because claws are an important feature of my dragon-self. 

It's also a pun on the term "South Paw" in boxing since that refers to someone who hits with a left hook. Since I'm a left hand path practitioner, it seemed like a clever pun.

My name stems from this break down(note each _ is like a space or not for the Therian part):

My nickname I gave to myself (Lilac) 💮

I wanted to put therian but not make it so it said it all together thus we have: _The_rian 

And lastly my kintype : Wolf 🐺 

My name is a reference to the culture that reveres wolves as symbols of grace and wisdom, as well as ferocity, the Vikings. My human body is actually biologically descended from Vikings, as I am third-generation American from a Scottish clan, Clan Macpherson. Macpherson is pronounced "mac-FUR-son", but is often mispronounced as "mac-FEAR-son" but we like to say that there is no fear in Macpherson! Ravenna is a reference to the wolves' sworn allies, the ravens, also a prominent symbol in Viking culture, and Freyasdottir literally translates in Old Norse to "Freya's daughter," which means I am one who is well-versed in legends, love, and war, whether through experience or knowledge gained through education.

Got Dromaeus from dromaeosaurids, aka "raptor" dinosaurs. I'm 2 different types of utahraptor, one real, one video game version. Before I came up with Dromaeus, it was Dromeus, which i got from my favorite carnivorous dino, Deltadromeus. Went ahead and combined Dromeus with Dromaeo to get Dromaeus (pronounced droh-MAY-iss)

My name is a reference to the culture that reveres wolves as symbols of grace and wisdom, as well as ferocity, the Vikings. My human body is actually biologically descended from Vikings, as I am third-generation American from a Scottish clan, Clan Macpherson. Macpherson is pronounced "mac-FUR-son", but is often mispronounced as "mac-FEAR-son" but we like to say that there is no fear in Macpherson! Ravenna is a reference to the wolves' sworn allies, the ravens, also a prominent symbol in Viking culture, and Freyasdottir literally translates in Old Norse to "Freya's daughter," which means I am one who is well-versed in legends, love, and war, whether through experience or knowledge gained through education.
Just saying, that's really cool ^^

I was adopted from China, but I have no idea of my heritage. I could be related to emperors or even Mongols for all I know. For whatever reason, I usually end up using the Japanese katakana as my naming convention for various accounts. Either that or the Warrior cat naming system. (Aliases for me are Shadepath / Brindledlighy).

Kai is short for Kairu, which is how one would sound out Kyle in katakana. Raikoen is how someone would sound out Lycoan, the Greek spelling of wolf. Interestingly enough, Kai, on its own can mean fire. And Rai on its own can mean lightening or thunder, if I'm remembering correctly.

Nilam

My username is really just an encoded Spell to those beasts born to bear the physical embodiment of their kin. Its also an anagram that was made with the magic.... the act of decoding it will lead you to a truth about mans true relationship with beasts~ especially the super powers part~ have fun

Oh boy. My username has a bit of a story behind it. So buckle down and grab some popcorn.
When I was younger I was really into Neopets. (I've actually gotten back into Neopets as of late and I love it) My username was named after my pet Scorchio that I had originally gotten as a plushie from my parents. I kept that username for a while until I started going on websites without my parent's permission. So I Subtley changed up my username so it would be harder to find me.
From aracross to arofume to lolfume, etc, etc.
Many times I would get caught on a site without telling my mom and she would get very angry about it.
Until I joined Amino. I had gotten sick of my old name and wanted a clean start. I have remembered hearing the song "Rabid Child" by They Might be Giants. One of the lyrics stuck out to me in particular.
"HammerDown and RabbitEars are the only words they know"
That lyric, I couldn't get it out of my head. So my account on Amino was called HammerDown. And there my accounts would have some variation of that.
Fast forward to a month ago.
I was on a nostalgia binge and decided to play Animal Jam again. But for some odd reason, they kept rejecting my username. So then I said to myself
"Well, I'll change my name to HDRabbitEars then to stick to the theme of the lyrics from that one song."
But they rejected that username too. I didn't want to let that new username go to waste so I started using HDRabbitEars. But when I joined Kinmunity I thought to myself.
"Hmmm, They might think I'm a rabbitkin which I'm not."
So That's how HDEldritchEars was born.