Origins of your username

WhimsicalWays

Feb 28, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
I could never find a username that I liked enough to stick with it for long before I got to this one. I was asking a friend to help me come up with a username. Actually, he suggested "LavenderLight" and I almost went with it. It's pretty, but like I told him, "it doesn't quite have the... whimsical feel that I'm going for". Then it hit me. Since we were already on the alliteration train with LavenderLight, I decided on WhimsicalWays. And I figured it would be easier to remember what to call me if it was just a shorthand version of my username, so I go by Whim.

Mar 12, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Honestly, I just wanted something with a soft and cute feel, so I started thinking of words that gave me the vibe I was going for, and "daydream" was one of them. I also always really liked -escent words, "Evanescent", "Efflorescent", etc, so I eventually settled on adding one to the name. Effervescent also means bubbly, which makes me think of something "bubbly" and happy. On top of that, something about applying a physical quality (being bubbly or fizzy) to a nonphysical thing (a daydream) feels somehow poetic to me and I like that. 

Last edited by a moderator:

scientifichooligan

Feb 16, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
“Scientific hooliganism” was a phrase used to describe a phone prank back in the 1800s and I really liked it and wanted to make it my dA username but the name was too long for deviantArt so I removed the “-ism” part and the name stuck.

ArchieAce

Sep 25, 2018
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Archie is my name now and was my birth name as Zonic (a lot of us changed our names for some reason or another.) I decided that since I am trans, I would just keep the name Archie. My name as Zonic was Archibald but I hate that name, I prefer the shorter version. Ace, I guess in some way symbolises how I had a flawless record as Zonic and how I was and still am proud of that, even though I can't really take credit for being a dimension-hopping cop anymore.

Sapphire

Mar 14, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
Sapphire's my name, I happened upon it by comparing me and barker (median twins) to ruby and sapphire in steven universe. Barker is very like ruby - impulsive and enthusiastic and loud, favorite color red, and I'm more like sapphire - calmer and analytical, favorite color blue. Overall I'm not terribly similar to sapphire the character, but the name fit me instantly

earthling

Nov 2, 2018
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
my username is pretty much just a reference to how i feel a connection to all life on earth and can't narrow it down for the life of me 😆

Lopori

Nov 1, 2018
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Lopori is the name of my fursona and general online alias. It is originally the name of a river that runs through bonobo habitat in DRC, plus the name of a bonobo at the nearby zoo, I found it to be a very pretty name so I nabbed it for myself. To an extent it's a were name too since I feel like the bonobo part of me is being addressed directly when I go by Lopori. It's as much my real name as my actual real name. 

Wounding Tooth

Feb 19, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
It's the translation of troodon, which I used to call my theriotype before scientists declared troodon invalid and renamed what I am stenonychosaurus...which ironically enough used to be used before they went with troodon. Anyway, I stayed with Wounding Tooth since I think it's better sounding than the meaning of stenonychosaurus, Narrow Claw lizard.

South_Claw

Mar 30, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
It's the name of a magickal alter-ego I take on from time to time to help with my magic and also to connect with draconian energy. It's the most closely associated name I have to my dragonkinity. 

"South" represents fire as I heavily associate that direction with fire. I work with fire-related energy a lot and there's something magical and spooky to me about the southern direction.

"Claw" because claws are an important feature of my dragon-self. 

It's also a pun on the term "South Paw" in boxing since that refers to someone who hits with a left hook. Since I'm a left hand path practitioner, it seemed like a clever pun.

Lilac_the_rianWolf

Nov 3, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
My name stems from this break down(note each _ is like a space or not for the Therian part):

My nickname I gave to myself (Lilac) 💮

I wanted to put therian but not make it so it said it all together thus we have: _The_rian 

And lastly my kintype : Wolf 🐺