Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Origins of your username

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
He/Him
Because animals, in all my experience, naturally have no names in which we - the collective we that is - know by human terms, I chose an apt descriptor. All sabertooth cats have a highly specific mechanism of predation, which is exsanguination by use of the namesake canine teeth, and thus all are "red in tooth". So too is it a reference to the work of Lord Alfred Tennyson, who merely popularized the phrase in the work In Memoriam.

Māoni

+Primal Member
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
Furry
Non-Binary Pride
They/Them
What inspired your username? My one I use everywhere else is based on my love of chocolate and cats, and my old nickname I used on a previous forum referenced my jaguar Theriotype as well as my love for 80s synthwave aesthetic.

This might be a weird one, but my current nickname references a character from Prince of Egypt, specifically him, aha, although I changed the spelling.

I love this! Especially because I really love this movie. He's the first person I thought of when I saw your name, so seems fitting! :wolfbone:

Mine is from a word meaning loyalty in Sāmoan. Almost similarly to @Red-in-Tooth, I was thinking more of an attribute that I had then and still do now - loyalty. :grinwiggle:

Frank Poddelka

He/Him
What inspired your username? My one I use everywhere else is based on my love of chocolate and cats, and my old nickname I used on a previous forum referenced my jaguar Theriotype as well as my love for 80s synthwave aesthetic.

This might be a weird one, but my current nickname references a character from Prince of Egypt, specifically him, aha, although I changed the spelling.

I'm surprised you've seen Prince of Egypt. A lot of people haven't heard of it. Great movie.

Unpredictable_Day

VIP
Aromantic Pride
Conceptkin
Thief's Toolbox
Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Other Pronouns (see sig)
Since one of my nicknames is Foxy, and the name of my main kintype, I took that. With the animations part, a YouTuber that heavily inspires me called Yenii animations has a video that basically made me discover my fictionkin identity, and for that, I wanted to add that in my user as a little "thank you!" gift, I also just love her content.

astralnep

Therianthrope

jethero i didnt mean to dislike your post locking the dupe thread :cry: anyway ill just share my roblox username origin here. phantomscout originated from the fact that i loved phantom forces (the game) at the time and my favorite tower from tower battles (also a roblox game) was the scout, for some odd reason. i also included scout because i was a girl scout at the time. then the string of numbers at the end (1234) had a meaning but i dont remember it now. it was partially because of the fact that phantomscout123 had been taken

CoolishBean

I don’t remember but I think it was during a time where I felt I was pretty cool but not as cool as other people. It was just random and I was into a lot of random stuff so it’s like a sort of happy but also quirky name.

This username actually dates back to around 2009 I believe?

When I made it up I loved the color pink (nowadays blue is my favorite instead haha) and it was around the time that I first played the Spyro the Dragon series so when I first got really into dragons (this was years before I realized I was dragonkin of course) and the "310" is my birthday (march 10th)

I still use it everywhere after all these years cause I haven't been able to come up with anything else since.

Star_3_Dreamer

Gold Donor
They/Them

Mine is a word and a shape that seems sorta yellow and magical and me-ish (“star” reminds me a bit of my actual name!), 3 is the cutest number (in my opinion) and one of my favorites, and “dreamer” reminds me of the amazing things I CAN do while dreaming, with the power of imagination, that I can’t do (but sometimes feel I should be able to!) when awake. (“Dreamer” also reminds me of Undertale’s goat family😋)

The names aren’t super kin-related, because I either change shape, or don’t know what the heck I am! All I know is that I’m often yellow, often cute (I hope :3), and often imagine and dream of being creatures, flying, and more amazing things.⭐

catboyrobin

Therianthrope
Plural
He/Him
for a while i used the username 'jaythefeather', often with zeros. my name was jay for around 3 years, and i came up with the user all on my own, but because of the character JayFeather in warrior cats (which i never read) people often assumed i was a warrior cats fan.
fast forward a few years and i adopt the name robin instead, and decided to change my user to catboyrobin for obvious reasons haha.

Casperr_ig

He/Him
To be honest, my name is just my own name, added an extra r because honestly why not, and because I didn't know what else to put to make it unique I just put "ig" (short for I guess) at the end of it, and that's been my username since.

Jeb_CC

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
VIP
Alterhuman
Aromantic Pride
Asexual Pride
Xe/Xem
To be honest, my name is just my own name, added an extra r because honestly why not, and because I didn't know what else to put to make it unique I just put "ig" (short for I guess) at the end of it, and that's been my username since.
Well the extra r does at least mean you won't get stuck creating new accounts cause "Casper" was already taken!