"Other" religion? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

"Other" religion?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by PerkyHedgewitch, Jul 19, 2015.

1. PerkyHedgewitch

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    I know some of us have memories from our Otherborn/Otherkin selves of past lives. Some of those memories involve religion.

My most vivid memories were of a lifetime when I was a Winged Elf. In that society, I filled the role of a healer/priestess. I worked with herbs, medicines, salves, tinctures, etc. I also worked with prayer, ritual, offerings, and honoring of our Gods. The more I examine my current Pagan practice as a Hedgewitch, the more I notice that things I remember from "then" seem to bleed over into "now". I still prefer working with herbs, roots, etc. I still like to be in an altered, ecstatic state when I perform ritual. I still work with cthonic energies and like to feel the pulse of the Earth I'm on. The Gods I honor are very based in plants and animals.

Does anyone else find that religious or spiritual overtones kind of leak through?

2. akota

akota Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Ah, cool! That's really interesting how your former life has incorporated itself into your religion now!

I have a lot of spiritual influence from my kintype as well. I don't follow any set religion but I believe strongly that the nature is the most powerful being, and that if there were a God(s), they would most certainly be animalistic, not human. Also, I collect and scavenge for bones/feathers in the woods by my house, and I perform a monthly/twice a month ritual to respect the spirit of the animal. Whenever I do this, I enjoy to partially phantom shift (or just think more as a hyena) so I can feel even more in touch with the animals' spirits!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Well I turned to the norse when I still thought myself a siren which was greek, but in my research of the nixie I was surprised to see they were a german/scandinavian being. I'm very curious and have a love for knowledge in the purest form I can get it, I am an unseelie fae, I have a close relationship with the moon and magic, and an interest in learning more powerful shielding. The gods I actively follow (some because they chose me and some because I seek to learn from them) The Wanderer (Odin) who is constantly seeking knowledge, Loki who is cunning and playful, Freyja who is known for her magic, and Heimdall who is known for protecting Asgard.

I think it has influenced me, but I haven't really recalled anything that could be called a religion yet.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    I don't really have a concept of religion. I believe in an afterlife, and I believe in reincarnation because I believe I have had past lives, but I'm not for throwing blind faith into something I haven't experienced.

• Like Like x 7
  5. wolfpup84

wolfpup84 Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ-0.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Well me personally in the lives i do remember i was a wolf just like i am now. the one constant was that I personally, while I have always had an interest in the magickal arts, that interest has never included deities in the traditional sense. My spiritual beliefs have always manifested as animist, even if i study other forms of utilizing magick.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kiror

kiror Fuzzy Mirror
    Staff Member Deputy Admin Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ48.40
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I do have some memories from my last past life (when I was my theriotype), but I don't remember myself (as wolf) worshiping deities or doing something of the gender.

7. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.35
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    My religion doesn't really have gods, honestly. It wasn't until I came into the headspace that I considered a higher deity ever existed. Jessie has told my religious beliefs in minor detail but I suppose I can tell it here.

I believe that my home, the astral plane, was developed first. I had just assumed it was always there and will always be. However, I've started to consider that it was previously created by a higher diety but to who or what this diety is, I haven't a clue. I imagine it to be an inconsistent energy like being because the astral plane is energy and quite inconsistent.

I believed that this physical realm was created because those in the astral plane got bored. We do not see deaths in the astral plane and it can sometimes grow boring when you've been there a really long time. So they stepped through a void or the void and into essentially a completely empty plane. As they stepped in, they created things. They needed land to stand on so they made land where they could stand. They needed food so they made it but it was only enough for them to survive. As more people grew curious and joined them, more of the world was created. Piece by piece, the world grew bigger and bigger until it's what we know today. Those from the astral plane mingled with the animals and elements creating different kinds of life and animals.

In a twist of irony, as they mingled the astral plane began to mimic their world. As they stayed longer, they lost their ability to return to the astral plane except for visits. At a young age, they still hold that power to return but when they get older and "wiser" they lose that connection and have to develop it again. So the physical and astral plane are forever linked but always separated.

~At'Ka

• Like Like x 3
  8. PerkyHedgewitch

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
  9. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    While I know little about my past polymorph self, and have no religious beliefs, my identity as otherkin/born has strongly shaped my views. I believe in other universes, afterlife, reincarnation, gods (in a certain form), energy, magick, and just all of that mess. It could be because of this that I downright refuse to follow any specific religion because I know that there is so much more out there. They say being otherkin is not a religious belief, but I can't help but feel it does have an entirely different religious view tied into some aspects of it.

10. DianeticIsland

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ7.02
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I personally feel it does. If it weren't for my religious beliefs and studies of said beliefs, I likely wouldn't have acknowledged my Otherkin identity to the slightest.

11. Sparkself

Sparkself Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.00
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    This question of religion is a very interesting one for me. I'm a Hellenic Polytheist, but I think it's because these Gods have reached out to me and They are close to what the Gods from my planet would have been like. Sometimes, when I'm talking to one of the Gods, usually one of the Goddesses actually, I get a vivid vision of Them and They seem to have extra limbs or different colored skin. I think that the Greek Gods are the way that the human part of me (since, you know, I have a human body and physical brain and all that) conceptualizes and communicates with God (I'm more of a soft polytheist, than a hard, but even that I'm not completely sure of... The thing you'll notice about me, if you're paying attention, is that I really do not have much figured out at all.... I will never speak with much confidence...) as It manifests via the Gods. Hopefully, that makes sense.

I don't know what planet or star system that I'm from. I know that I have a lot of, well, I call it "space energy" which feels like a liquid flow that comes from the stars (not sure how else to describe it) that is strengthened by the Gods when I pray to Them or offer libations. This energy is what I also use to cast spells (cause I'm also an eclectic spell caster). It changes color depending on what spell I'm casting or how I'm using the energy. But when I meditate, sometimes it feels like I'm becoming one with the planets and other celestial entities and I get a lot of energy from that as well.

So my religion, though earthly bound, seems to flow from an extraterrestrial origin but the details of this are hazy.

12. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,060.35
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    While I do believe in a after life and stuff I don't know about the existence of Gods. I have agnostic believes so for me I'm really split in should I believe in a possible existence of a God or Gods or should I not believe in that. I do not bash other people for believing in a higher deity. I really ask a lot about their believes and ask a lot about the deity they believe in. I still have a open mind about it and am open for the possibility but at the same time I don't know if I should believe in it. It is something that you can and can't prove. In fact I have a more believe you cannot really find evidence of their existence in the physical way. It is really how the person believes in it and what their own opinions are and I have not a hard time with their talk about religion and Gods. In fact I find it so interesting to talk about and learn from people with a religion what they believe.

13. Terro

Terro Wyrmling
    Elder

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ457.24
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    Currently a practicing Roman Catholic, believe I am an Incarnate Angel, religion may be a slight bit different now from then, but highly related.

14. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ844.15
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Eh, not really, but I'm still in a weird place with my religious beliefs so I'm not entirely sure yet. I believe some kind of odd mixture of Christianity and pantheism.

15. Telegdrian

Telegdrian Alien Equitaur
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5.35
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    I don't practice any religious rituals or such, but I have a strong spiritual belief system, some of which I think came from my time as an equitaur. I believe that the universe as a whole is a conscious being and that we are fragments of that consciousness that incarnates in physical beings in order to learn about consciousness itself. I believe in reincarnation. The fragement of the all that is that constitutes ourselves has multiple incarnations until it has attained a level of experience that it returns to the all that is.

16. Kynthia

Kynthia Mors
    VIP FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.05
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Well in my self now, I am of the religion Wicca and am a Hedgewitch

17. Masema

Masema Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ30.77
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Depends on which of us you are asking. For Thomas, he is pretty much a lesser deity, whereas Sayiid still prays to the gods of the desert. Me? The all father hold the answers to life's greatest questions.

18. Orroventi

Orroventi Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    Obviously for a Dunmer, there's the Daedric pantheon; but i don't have any interest in them, and they don't even exist in our plain of reality or our universe even anyways. I'm just a muslim, nothing special.

19. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I'm just going off what I've seen in-game (Skyrim), do most Dunmer worship Azura?

20. Orroventi

Orroventi Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    Yeah, Azura is one part of the triad, along with Boethiah and Mephala, but I think Azura is the most widely worshiped. In addition, there are many mythological and historical saints in the Dunmer culture.