Otherkin community resource website under the works, need help gathering information | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Otherkin community resource website under the works, need help gathering information

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Zephyr, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Zephyr

Zephyr Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.10
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I know I just posted my introduction thread, but I decided I might as well post this here as well to give all the websites it's on an equal time to be able to help out on the survey. As some of you may know from my introduction thread I am currently making a new community resource website, and in order to make the information more correct, I decided to create a survey where we can collect and then combine the information gathered. please take some time and go through this quick survey so we are able to accomplish this.
    Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/a9ojrPf680wRRWSt1
    Website: Not quite human (website will not have subdomain once the website is finished, just don't want to pay for it tell it is most of the way done)

as for everyone that takes this survey, thank you so much, I may be new here but I'm hoping to get some good information from all around the community making it as good as it can be.

(Also, if this post is not in the right place please feel free to move it, its 2 AM and I don't have the time to be able to make sure it's in the right place.)

2. Zaphaera

Zaphaera Hatchling
    Cybertronian

Ferocious Alabaster Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ216.23
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    You are a little young to be making a resource page for otherkin, to be perfectly honest.

How long have you been educating yourself within the community on Otherkinity?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zephyr

Zephyr Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.10
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    For about a month or so, but I know it will need some more time. Which is why it will continually be made better by me, and older members of the community.

4. Zaphaera

Zaphaera Hatchling
    Cybertronian

Bones:
    Ƀ216.23
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    You're going to need quite a bit more time from the sounds of it. A month is hardly anytime at all to even be considering creating something like that. Be wary not to tackle something more than you are capable of handling. You seem to be very new to this, so why do you think you should be making a resource page? As it is, there are plenty of others already existing by members who have been around way longer and are much more experienced.

I'd also like to know, when you say older members of the community, do you mean from collecting these polls? Or are you actually working on this resource page with others, and are merely helping its process? As it sounds, I think you need to slow down and really think about this. Your diving in head first to something that you've only browsed the shallow ends of.

Imagine this, to put yourself into perspective here. Lets say I've only been studying psychology for a month. Would you think I'm a viable source for creating a resource page on psychology? The right answer is no, no I would not be.

You're young and your new to this, and its exciting, I understand. I know you are thinking of doing something to better and get more involved in the community, but this is not the time to be doing something like that with your little experience. I mean, when I was at your age, I barely understood myself let alone an entire community of people who identify as non-human.

Slow down and enjoy the community for a while, you have quite the time to do some learning still.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zephyr

Zephyr Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.10
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I guess I'm just used to trying and taking on large projects, some of them also ending out rushing it, and this should not be rushed. But when I was talking about older members, I have 3 or so dragons who have volunteered to help out with the website (not just for information). But either way I shouldn't be rushing it like I have been, and take my time in the community learning more about myself and the rest of the community. And because of that I needed someone to tell me to slow down, so thank you.

6. Zaphaera

Zaphaera Hatchling
    Cybertronian

Bones:
    Ƀ216.23
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    You're welcome, I'm glad to hear you understand.

7. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,716.42
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    I'm definitely with Zaphaera. Someone so new to the community shouldn't be trying to make a resource to represent the entire community. I bet you weren't even aware that the otherkin community evolved independently of the dragon, unicorn, fiction kin, and therian communities...among others.