Otherkin: non-living objects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pinkdolphin

Unverified
Quick question here if anyone is on: can an otherkin technicly identify as a non-living thing? Like a chair or helicopter? Or is otherkin only the case for "living" beings?

as otherkin can be defined as "identifying as non-human" and doesn't necessarily speak about living or non-living..?

(I need to know for a vid 😛 )

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Dec 26, 2018
Bones
🦴33.02BN
Pronouns
Neutral
It seems that's possible. There's a specific thread about objectkin here. Also there's some additional info here (just search for "objectkin").

Velvet

A Lizardy Cat
Staff member
Community Manager
Nov 8, 2018
England
Bones
🦴4.15BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Yes it's certainly possible and would be classed as otherkin since objects are non-human.

Objectkin are subject to a lot of trolls, especially on social media and such, I suppose since people figure it's such an odd idea they make fun of it. But there are some serious objectkin around. Neve (who's mentioned in the threads Amber linked) used to be a member of the old KM and identified as objectkin. It's a shame his old posts are gone as he shared a lot of really interesting experiences and insights into his identity.

From a psychological view it's possible to identify as anything really, and from a spiritual view many people believe that objects can possess souls. I have a belief in animism personally.

LunaSilvermoon

Jan 5, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
I myself am two types of dollkin.  We do exist, but trolls certainly do take advantage of us.  I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have in this thread 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.