Otherkin: Otherkin YouTube Channel! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Otherkin: Otherkin YouTube Channel!

Discussion in 'Resources' started by KinBot, Dec 19, 2015.

?

Would you recommend this resource to a friend?

1. Yes, I'd recommend this resource.

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No, I wouldn't recommend this resource.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. This resource is broken!

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. KinBot

KinBot Official Bot
    Official Bot

Bones:
    Ƀ1.18
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    Otherkin YouTube Channel!
    A group of friendly catkin have started a YouTube channel to give support to otherkin! It will be open for video requests and will not allow hate. Please do click the link to view the channel!
    Hello! I am Riley, one of the 3 members (so far) running Catmunity Squad, or just Catmunity. We are a support group for otherkin, and are going to be one of the first otherkin supporting YouTube channels!

We will NOT allow any form of hate messages or comments. Anyone who does will be reported. We want everyone safe and happy!

Please do click the link to view this channel! Videos will be posted often!!

Click here to visit Otherkin YouTube Channel!
    By clicking the link above, you will be directed to another site that is not affiliated with Kinmunity. Kinmunity takes no responsibility for the content of this site.

Resource submitted by: bancatt

• Like Like x 4
  2. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I would love to see this grow. I would reccomend this resource as soon as more videos are made.

3. bancatt

bancatt Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Of course ^^ Our other members should be posting soon!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,812.18
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    Here is what concerns me about this:
    1. How long have you been in the community? Do you know enough about it to be answering questions, especially with the correct information?
    2. Wearing ears in the video. Most therians don't wear ears/tails/what have you and many people who do aren't therians. Wearing such items can give people the impression and further the stereotype that therians are furries.
    3. Will the advice be productive or will it be coddling, not encouraging critical thought, etc.?

While I see potential here, I'm also aware of what most otherkin channels are like...and that doesn't give me much hope...

• Like Like x 6
  5. bancatt

bancatt Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I can agree with your concerns, and I'll answer each question with numbers as you did.

1. I have been catkin basically all my life, so I can understand and give actual educated advice. Though please keep in mind I will not be the only one. Two other members who have been here longer on both on that channel as well.
    2. Yes I did where ears in the video to represent myself as a cat, not as a furry. I wasn't attempting to mess anything up for anyone. I just read a blog on here recently that stated "It's weird for people now to see me without my ear headband on." It gave me the impression that maybe to appeal to some otherkin I could wear my own headband. If it really is a large deal then I will not do so anymore.
    3. Honestly I am not sure. I want to comfort and give encouragement. Another member may want to give actual concrete advice and such. I guess you would just have to wait a see.

Please do give us a chance. We are willing to tweak our ways of doing things to help the community.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ358.42
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I liked the ears, they look awesome.
    I'm definitely curious about this channel, looking forward to new videos.

7. Voffen

Voffen The dachshund and Poof
    VIP K9 Unit

Bones:
    Ƀ30,001.65
    Daring DachshundBronze PawSilver PawGold Paw
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I have watched the two first videos and subscribed, it's going to be interesting to see how it turns out :)
    Good luck with the channel! :fourleaf:

8. Marshall

Marshall Magical Angry Furball
    FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    White WingsBlack CatRainbow KitsuneChibi Cat
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    The channel does seem interesting for a start. With more development, it has potential to become a nice channel to check out.

Good luck!

9. bancatt

bancatt Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Thank you very much <3

10. Catwan

Catwan Confused Vampiric Kitten
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    1. I have also known I was non-human all my life but have been active in the community for a few months straight now.
    2. I wear ears and a tail myself but I'll try not to wear them in my videos on the channel.
    3. I will be doing terminolgy and de-bunking myths about the community. I'd actually like if people could send my question or topics they want me to cover.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ128.47
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Subscribed! I'm interested to see how you guys get on with your channel. Wish you all the best working on it! :)

12. bancatt

bancatt Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Thank you very much!!

13. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.66
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    1. While age is not an indicator of quality, will older members within the community be participating in your channel? I have found that the majority of Therian-related YouTube channels are run by individuals under the age of eighteen.

2. The channel is titled "Catmunity Squad", and I am not a fan of this name because it seems like it was 'inspired' by the name of our site. However, that aside, are the members of the channel exclusively feline therians, and does the content cater to felines more so, or is it for all therians/otherkin?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Catwan

Catwan Confused Vampiric Kitten
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Just at the moment it only has people under 18 but we are hoping to expand. And if you would like we can change our name if you feel it's too close to Kinmunity.

15. bancatt

bancatt Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'm going to try to answer as well. In numbered order as I did before.

1. We are all under 18 as of right now, but we are allowing new members of high age to come. I actually have someone in mind.
    2. We used Catmunity to tie into Kinmunity, which we can of course change. And it is ran by catkin as of right now, but we will be focusing around all kintypes.

16. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.66
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    In this case, I would prefer you change the name as it is not a project the site has official involvement in.

• Like Like x 3
  17. bancatt

bancatt Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Okay, will do right now.

18. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ528.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We subscribed. We've been around/lurking/watching the therian community on Youtube since 2009 so please forgive our system if we are a little... wary. We've seen some good channels/videos tackle therianthropy (or otherkin in general), and we've also seen lots of videos which are either problematic or just very misinformed. Our system recommends thoroughly double-checking your research/facts for every topic to try to make sure nothing misinformed is added. Plus, just be careful what you say as it could lead to misinformation. (For example, without thinking its easy to accidentally say "identify with" vs "identity as" or whatnot.) So, best wishes, and please be careful.

- Miushra (female, cheetah-like feline)

• Like Like x 3
  19. bancatt

bancatt Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    We promise to never post a video without the proper research. It would be very dumb of us to even try to use only our resources. We will try to help as much as we can, but I will remind this to our users that we are only a few people, and that if they do take our information as completely concrete advice then that is on them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ52,103.91
    Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Heard about this the other day and went ahead and subscribed. I'm interested to see where the channel goes and whether or not it's successful :D