Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Pets

BugNerd6

Pronouns
Masculine
I was wondering if it was unusual to own pets, like a cat or dog, while being otherkin? I mean I certainly couldn't have imagined a howler monkey with the most crazy little dogs, and the bossiest cat, but is this considered wrong? I have been meaning to ask this for a little bit.

Water Horse

Pronouns
Masculine
I don't think it is unusual for otherkin to have animal companions/pets. I think most otherkin I know do have animal companions. I have two rabbits but I never really call them "pets" I just call them by their names.
I don't think it is wrong for you to not be able to imagine yourself having a cat or a dog. Everyone feels different about animals being part of their household.

horrid_night

Pronouns
Other
I don't really think it's weird at all, my family has a dog and she's basically like family to me. I don't really consider her a pet, she's more like a little sister, but none of the rest of my family thinks about her like that I don't think. I don't think it's weird or wrong at all as long as you don't hurt them ^^

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
There are many animals in my house, my family has always had atleast one pet for as long as I've been alive. There are 3 little dogs and 4 cats between my family, and I have two ratties to myself. I don't think its strange, but I've never been without animal companions my entire life.

Kirsten015

Transgender Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Fictionkin
Alterhuman
Plural
Pronouns
Neutral
I don't think it's unusual either. I don't have pets myself and haven't for a very long time (I once had two fish for a few months when I was really young) but I do want to get at least one in the future because I really like animals. I think of them as more comforting in a way.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
As Kristen says, it is comforting to have animals around. I have two cats and a dog. In the backyard, I've got a small goldfish pond that I dug myself. I feed the birds every morning, and a squirrel has a nest in a hole in the rock wall. I know that same squirrel has been back there for a few years because it only has half a tail. We used to get geckos on the bathroom windows at night, but they disappeared last year. I hope the stray cats didn't get them all. We also probably have skunks in the neighborhood. I don't see them but I smell them. They probably come to the pond to get water like they do at mom's house.

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I've got three (big) dogs. I love them so much because they don't get scared or disgusted or anything when I try to play with them wolfo style. All three are like brothers to me

DanceMacabre

Pronouns
Neutral
I have two cats in this life.

In my past life, I liked to explore the cosmos in my spaceship. We celestial dragons like to gaze upon all the life-forms that have spawned from our stardust. I travelled to many worlds, including some humans think are "just fiction." One time I found the pokemon world and wanted to know how pokemon and pokeballs work, so I alien abducted a pikachu. It was my pet "specimen." I managed to reverse engineer the pokeball in my lab, but my version was big, clunky, and heavy. But the pikachu lived in it.