Phantom Shifts moments | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Phantom Shifts moments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tuskegee, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Tuskegee

Tuskegee Spawn

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ21.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Ever had an embarrassing moment during a phantom shift? One of mine was I was walking up the stairs, when suddenly I felt as if I could run on all fours with my four legs. My hands felt like paws. I almost fell on my face, luckily no one saw me. Or at least I hope no one did.

2. portalcandies

portalcandies Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ412.26
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Not so much embarrassing as funny, but my partner and I had a very cramped feeling in our phantom wings at the same time one night, leading us to make jokes about "synchronized restless wing syndrome". It hasn't happened before or since, but the fact that it happened at all was amusing.

I suppose an embarrassing thing is I will often try to use phantom limbs in my body language, only to forget that nobody can see them...

• Like Like x 1
  3. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,248.21
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I frequently have phantom dragon feet/claws and that often lead to a very clumsy me. It was even more embarrassing when I would be at work and spill a whole cup of soda or drop a container of fries on the floor or trip over something I should have easily avoided.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeathsLoli

DeathsLoli Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ17.62
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I shut my tail in the door last week of the car. I had to go 2 blocks before opening the door. :( i could feel the pain and pressure build in the area. It hirt for 3 days. Has anyone been having issues controlling there ghost limbs lately? I can feel them stronger than ever but iam having issues moving them :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tuskegee

Tuskegee Spawn

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ21.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I'm kinda having trouble controlling them too, mostly in public. But when I'm by myself, I can control them a lot better.

6. DeathsLoli

DeathsLoli Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ17.62
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I can move my wings more than my tail in the mornings to put my shirt on. Maybe iam just not use to the full weight of my tail? Either way doors are fastly not becoming my friend x.x

• Like Like x 1
  7. Homura

Homura Hatchling
    Demonkin

CrowBlack Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ645.68
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    Full body raven shifts can be disorienting since then I keep wanting to do the waddle/strutting thing birds do when they walk. I also get urges to hop along the ground and everything x.x

One time I also had a full body Homura shift complete with the dress and it just felt really really strange since I felt like I was wearing my demon dress (which is quite um, revealing in some places >.> ) even though at the time I had a full hoodie and jeans on. So I kept just feeling like I had to cover up or something even though I could clearly see I was different clothes to what I was feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Edan

Edan Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ198.90
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I find that there is no comfortable way to fold phantom wings without looking crazy. Since my wings feel like an extension of my fingers the best thing for me to do is cross my arms over my chest with my hands facing down which doesn't look natural at all.
    My phantom tail is also super annoying and appears at the most inconvenient of times, like in large crowds of people. Please phantom tail.. please stop wagging so violently i'm trying to get it class...
    When I first started getting the feeling of horns it circulated right above my ears near my temple, people would ask me what was wrong so I would just say "I have a headache". When they said "oh can't you just take some medicine?" I had to respond with "I don't think that will help".

9. Spencer

Spencer Spawn

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ95.56
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    o_O
    A few years ago, I was catching up with someone I hadn't seen in a while, and out of nowhere my phantom ears just appeared. I could feel them moving around to listen to sounds and such, and they also moved based on my emotions apparently because the person I was speaking to said, "wow! You're very expressive!", and I swear that she could see my phantom ears! Needless to say it was quite weird.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shezep

Shezep Hatchling
    VIP

Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Bones:
    Ƀ410.02
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I usually make an effort to hide anything unusual from people who don't already know about it. My phantom limbs don't get in the way very much because I sort of made an internal rule that they were not in any way physical, so they'd just phase through anything I was near. So, no stories about getting caught in doors for me.

But sometimes I'll get an energy surge that makes me literally shiver, sometimes going as far as making my teeth chatter. I remember being asked, more than once, how I could possibly be cold.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lee RuralWolf

Lee RuralWolf A.K.A Lee Lobo (Mexican Wolf)
    K9 Unit

Theta Delta
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,071.22
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I often feel hand and feet paws. When I do I tend to walk digitgrade more. During mental shift elevations (Suntherian) I feel as if I am trying to balance on two legs. I have fallen down on all fours more than once. This has never happened outside the privacy of my home.

Then I do walk up my decl steps on all fours daily. While biologically it doesn't feel right, it does make my mind say "this is right". This is followed by a sense of elation.

Lee

#11 Lee RuralWolf, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Neve VR52

Neve VR52 Vintage Warm
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Machines United!

Solar Flare PhilterBurning PhilterMetalic blueBackground KeyGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ33,897.00
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    My phantom form is just all around awkward. I get a lot of, "Why do you walk like that?" I walk like that because, while the other person can't see it, I'm actually eight feet wide and weigh 2000 pounds. Or, "Hey, you're spilling that drink in your hand all over the place." Hey, I feel like I don't have hands at all right now. Sometimes I turn sideways through double doors, or back up when someone stands too close in front of me. The backing up has caused some social blunders because people get offended, but it's only because I have three feet of "me" in front of me that they can't see. All that said, though, my dysphoria lessens greatly the more I feel my phantom form. The awkwardness is far outweighed by that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kerguelen

Kerguelen Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ263.05
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    All the times I have gone swimming and walked out onto the beach and basked in the warm sun with my wings spread out.
    Except for the part where I had no wings and was standing there with my arms held out to my sides.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Grizzly

Grizzly Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ43.03
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    getting a Phantom Muzzle and trying to drink can be awkward as well as getting a phantom tough with teeth and trying to talk to friends can be awkward.. lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheJackedRose

Bones:
    Ƀ183.43
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I also get the issue of phantom paws. Many a times this results in me stumbling since walking upright suddenly feel unnatural - lots of "oops" moments from that :coldsweat2: That same thing leads to me dropping things often too - my hands feel like they shouldn't be able to grip like they do so I don't do so... at which point whatever I'm holding slips away.
    I've gotten better at catching myself (and dropped things) for this, but I still fully slip up sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I tend to get spooked very easily when people come around corners and my instinct automatically places my feet very suddenly and unexpectedly in front of me and I put most of my pressure on my haunches. I am always in a constant shift of mental and phantom but in this time they both come out to play. I scare the heck out of people when this happens. and most times I am completely fine but it's usually when I zone out then focus on where I am actually going when that switch from derp to focus and a sudden hooman appearing spooks me silly! lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dripz

Dripz Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ0.12
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Hello, I am new here. I have read some of your experiences. I must say you are far more advanced than I. Just yesterday I thought I was the only one out here of my crazy kind ha! So, it's extremely fascinating and comforting to find like kinds and to rest the i think im crazy