Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Phantom shifts

Kirsten015

Transgender Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Fictionkin
Alterhuman
Plural
Pronouns
Neutral
I didn't use to feel phantom shifts. However lately I feel like I have tails as I do in astral (mine aren't that long though) and I can feel here when my tails twitch there as a bit of a back spasm-like sensation. I had to roll my shoulders while walking around at a grocery store yesterday because it felt like my wings were getting cramped from not being moved while walking as sometimes I have to remember to stretch them in astral during otherwise my back will hurt more after walking.

jet

Pronouns
Feminine
My do
I didn't use to feel phantom shifts. However lately I feel like I have tails as I do in astral (mine aren't that long though) and I can feel here when my tails twitch there as a bit of a back spasm-like sensation. I had to roll my shoulders while walking around at a grocery store yesterday because it felt like my wings were getting cramped from not being moved while walking as sometimes I have to remember to stretch them in astral during otherwise my back will hurt more after walking.
Dollkintype dosint have any extra parts talking about it is bringing up my fabric

Asherah

Pronouns
Masculine
I was a bit confused about your thread at first, but after seeing your additional replies, I wanted to contribute. I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, and have an alter who is a doll-person. He too feels his seams; when he flexes his fingers, toes, or wrists, he can feel the gaps in between the joints. The movements also feel a lot stiffer to him and less fluid, as though his body really isn't made out of skin. The portions of his body that are doll parts feel hard, much harder than skin, and have a smoother feel to them. He can't feel any hairs or anything like that.

For me, as a unicorn, my phantom shifts generally include my horn, which feels like a strong pressure on my forehead, at the start of my hairline. I can feel my ears on the top of my head, they move and respond to sounds in my environment. I can feel my muzzle as well- sometimes when I go to touch my face, I misjudge where my bodily face is in relation to where my phantom face is, and either miss completely, or scratch myself too hard. I can also feel my hooves; my phantom legs feel completely different from my bodily ones. I've walked on my tip-toes nearly my entire life, due to how my phantom legs feel. I also experience my tail, which I can feel wavering in the wind. Sometimes I can flick and swish it. ^ ^

juniper

Pronouns
Feminine
I've only ever had one phantom shift in my life. It felt like thick fur was growing all over my back and it felt kinda uncomfortable because I was wearing a tight shirt. It was also a little awkward because this happened to me when I was out in public

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
Most often my phantom shifts are my ears, I feel temperature around me from them sometimes, maybe a breeze even tickling the delicate line of fur that borders the inside. Rarely I notice my tail, but obviously between massive, very mobile ears and a small and near-non-expressive tail one's going to stand atleast a little more out that the other.
Does feeling my face feeling noticably longer count as a phantom shift too? probably.
I am usually feeling atleast partially shifted. I don't really bother to memorize or catagorize what specific kind of shifter that makes me.

Asherah

Pronouns
Masculine
That sounds amazing also sorry for the confusion what part was confusing
I just wasn't sure of what the word "seams" meant in context! Now that I understand that you're a doll, it makes total sense. :) Very cool to see another doll-person!

Water Horse

Pronouns
Masculine
I rarely have phantom limbs but I do have a full "phantom body" most of the time. I think it would feel very weird and unpleasant for me to only feel my ears or tail "attached" to this human body.

Arvax

Fictionkin
Pronouns
Feminine
I feel wings at times and have had feelings of phantom shifts a while, but reading the definition here gave a name to it.

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I often am half-shifted, meaning throughout the day I feel phantom limbs even if I'm not carrying the personality traits of my kintypes. More recently, I feel large wings coming out of my back, fangs, and horns, but when I run it usually changes to wolf ears, a tail, and an elongated snout.