Picking up on certain words in songs? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Picking up on certain words in songs?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, & Art' started by Mirath, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Thoughtform Haven

May 16, 2015
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    I was wondering if anyone else has some reaction to certain words in songs. Whether these are good or bad reactions, I invite you to share them.

For me, it's any instance that 'space' and/or 'time' is brought up in a song. Mainly these are in a lot of DragonForce songs, and some of Iced Earth, and I feel a strange pull towards those words.
  2. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Hiatus

Jan 1, 2015
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I know there are certain parts of songs that just stick with me and I tend to sing at random times in my life when they relate to what I'm feeling. A few examples are:

"This is my Vietnam. I'm at war." -Pink, Vietnam

"Whose eyes am I behind? I don't recognize anything that I see. Whose skin is this design. I don't want this to be the way that you see me." -Train, Ordinary

"I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing. Just praying to a god I don't believe in." The Script, Breakeven

These are just a few of the thousands of songs I've collected in my mental library

3. Invisus

Invisus Spawn

Mar 27, 2015
    Primary Identity:
    Not words alone, I resonate with "Death Bell" by Crosses a lot. The words are repeated for the most part. I kind of have to drop everything I'm doing when the song starts.

"I climbed inside your golden gates
    I fell into another state
    High inside your holiness
    I give into you all the way

I follow you
    Into the light
    I follow you
    Into the light
    I will"

I'm not sure why...makes me cry every time, too.
  4. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm

Sep 6, 2015
    Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    I really like it when songs have lots of words and unique verses, with crisp enunciation (the main song I'm thinking of is Let Your Troubles Roll By by Carbon Leaf). It's just so satisfying to listen to.

As far as specific songs go, I really love (well I really love the whole song) this bit of You Know My Name by Chris Cornell:
    "I've seen angels fall from blinding heights
    But you yourself are nothing so divine,
    Just next in line...."

The rhyme is just. Like I said. Really satisfying.
  5. Laufey

Laufey Weaver of Worlds
    The Celestial Realm

Jul 12, 2015
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    I have a few lyrics I resonate with specifically:

Sour Grapes- Puscifer

And the angel of the lord led me
    Into the belly of the holy mother
    A chamber black as pitch
    But I felt no fear, only comfort,

For I was as a child in the womb
    And she bade me
    "Peer through yonder portal
    Which looked upon the heavens,
    And behold! a mournin' angel"

She ascended slowly from far beyond the horizon,
    Her light like a heavenly finger pointing the way
    And on yonder wall she traced for me a path
    Which led me five directions, eight winters to east
    Her Ghost In the Fog by Cradle of Filth

She was divinity's creature
    That kissed the cold mirrors
    A Queen of Snows
    Far beyond compare
    Lips attuned to symmetry
    Sought Her everywhere
    Dark liqoured eyes
    An Arabian nightmare...
    Bombs Away by B.O.B

And it seems like, in the grand scheme of it all
    The world's run by a few people and we never seen them at all
    How do they exist if we don't know who they are?
    They can be you, they could be me, they could be queens and gods
    • Like Like x 3
  6. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Staff Member Community Manager Elder Hiatus

Aug 19, 2015
    Primary Identity:
    If I tried to list all of them I would be here all night, so I will just share the most recent that had me with a major case of feels.

"You feel unworthy of the throne, you have forgotten who you are. We all have be the blood of angels, we all fell from the same star."
    Kings- The Pierces
  7. Lavrii

Lavrii Hatchling
    Discord Moderator Hiatus

Sep 16, 2015
    Primary Identity:
    I have lots, lots, lots, and lots ^^. These are just some part of the song that I really like to sing.

"Lighting Strikes, from below, after the rain, there are rainbows. And we go through it! Yes we doooooooooooooooo! But there's a brighter side." - DJ Okawari

" This is real life. The only one we get to live. I remember being broken and something gotta give. This is real life. Every we do is legendary. And we gon do it to the day we in the cementary." - Logic

"Smoking chronic while you was learning bout English big I was teaching Ibonics I spit fire so demonic writing code like I made Sonic." - Logic (That one sounds cool sorry! XD)

"As I was dying, bleeding, losing my conscious, flashbacks of reminders of things I never accomplished. Everything turned white. Than everything was fine. No more worries. Snap back to reality. But I felt good when I was dying. A voice in my head said don't stop keep trying." - Phora

"Everybody has a struggle, Questions everywhere yo this life is a puzzle. Everybody has their own story. Everybody has a page when it's pourin'." - Jaytekz

"I shouldve known the tides were getting higher! We can still survive!" - Asking Alexandria

"MAMA!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't mean to make you cry! If I'm not back again this time tommorrow! Carry on! Carry on! As if nothing really matters." - Queen

"Long ago, I made a vow! To never ever let you down. Than you slipped right through the cracks, and that one thing I do regret. Lost inside this mind of me And my my I'm going blind!" - Cole Sipe

" I don't know what's worth fighting for! Or why I have to scream! I don't know why I instigate! And say what I don't mean! I don't know how I got this way! I know it's not alright!" - Linkin Park

"I tried to be someone else! But nothing seemed to change, I know now. This is who I really am inside!" - 30 Seconds to Mars

I have a lot more >.<, and there is one song I forgot. But I can't find it.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Jul 31, 2015
    Fortune PhilterBurning PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    There's too many to list them all, but I'll put a few of them down. I get that kind of feelings with both lyrics and the music itself, where I can't help but replay over and over that certain bit because it just... it just feels perfect. And I can't even explain why, they just do.

Of course I have to list the lyric that gave me my username: "There was nowhere to hide, the ashes fell like snow." - New Divide (Linkin Park)

And these are just a few more. I won't list too many or I'll be here all day:

"When all is dark and loss is all you know, just search, you'll find a home." - Searching For A Home (Famous Last Words)

"You can throw me to the wolves, tomorrow I'll come back leader of the whole pack." and "Every wound will shape me, every scar will build my throne." - Throne (Bring Me The Horizon)

"I'm not really bad I'm just made up of bad things. I'm really not a madman, the voices keep asking." - Day Of The Dead (Hollywood Undead)

"Sometimes I can't hide the demons that I face. Sometimes, don't deny, I'm sometimes sinner, sometimes saint." - Sometimes (Skillet)

"Fallen angel, just let go, you don't have to be alone. Fallen angel, close your eyes, I won't let you fall tonight." - Fallen Angel (Three Days Grace)
  9. Imber

Imber Spawn

Oct 15, 2015
    Primary Identity:
    I feel the pull to a few words such as a mention of flying, or floating. However usually the strongest pull is a combination of words, and there are too many for me to list. I am currently hooked on Owl City's Shooting Star.... pretty much the whole songs lyrics are pulling me.