Places You Want to Visit | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Places You Want to Visit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marshall, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Marshall

Marshall Magical Angry Furball
    FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    White WingsBlack CatRainbow KitsuneChibi Cat
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    A lot of people always have that one place they would love to visit, whether it be a few miles away or across the ocean! I'm curious, what places do you want to visit one day?

I have always dreamed about visiting Tashirojima Island (AKA Cat Island), which is located in Japan. I would enjoy seeing all the cats, and I would love to bring them some food and toys as well. The cats on the island are considered strays, and many of them are injured, sick, hungry, etc. The locals feed them sometimes, but there are only 85 residents left on the island, 70 of which are elderly. Either way, I would love to see them and help them out a bit!

Another place I want to visit is Fox Village, which is located in Zao, Japan. It is a village/zoo for foxes, and it seems almost like a mystical paradise! There are various areas in the village. When you enter, you will be met with large cages, which are where the baby and mama foxes are. Once they separate from their moms, they will be moved into big adolecent pens. After they grow old enough, they will roam the Fox Village, an area of 18,000 square feet! It contains fox houses, fox hotel street, a fox shrine, and more. If you visit the fox hospital in the village, you can hold a fox there! It's definatly on my bucket list!

2. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ52,093.86
    Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I would like to visit a few places.

Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Park. It's in California (only like, 8 hours from me) and it's somewhere that I feel comfortable. I'm not sure if this one counts because I've been there multiple times, but it's still a place I love visiting. It just feels like home to me, with the tall trees, lakes, cool air, and (from my experience) relatively low chance of rain.

Iceland. I dunno why, but Iceland seems like a place I would like to visit. The landscapes up there are beautiful, the place is cold year round, and there isn't much of what other places would consider 'night' because of how (relatively) close it is to the north pole. It's quiet and always peaceful up there, and it seems like a nice place to live in relative isolation (while still able to get internet).

Northern Canada. Again, because it's cold (seeing a trend here?), but I can't really explain why else. The country is pretty cool, and up north is fairly isolated; you don't come across a lot of other people if you're way north. Those are kinda the only reasons I would like to visit Canada.

EDIT: Switzerland. Not sure what makes Switzerland so appealing, but it seems like a nice place to live

#2 Farkas, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  3. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Bones:
    Ƀ943.39
    Blue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    I'd love to visit Norway, or Northern Sweden or Iceland to see the Northern Lights. Also the scenery is beautiful and I love the snow and the cold.

Alaska is another place I'd love to visit for the wildlife, wilderness and the snow and cold.

I've been to Whistler, Canada before but I've never been in the winter and I'd love to go skiing there one year.

There are lots of places I'd love to go back to that I visited before as well, California, Vancouver, New York, Scotland. I just love to travel!

4. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,081.05
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I want to see the Northern lights one day and also want to
    visit the Grand Canyon. Also want to see the Chinese Wall and the Forbidden city.

I want to also visit Hawaii one day and go to the Amazon Rainforest to see it with my own eyes instead on television. I want also to go to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and see Australia on it's own too.

Also visit Warschau in Poland and go to Pompeii too. Also want to visit Rome and see the great Arena for itself and go to Matchu Picchu. Have many more places I want to go too but these places are really I want to visit first.

One dream for me came true that I went back to Egypt for a second time and saw the Great Piramides. That was something I also want to visit. And saw the Golden Mask of Toetanchamon in the museum of Cairo also a place I wanted to see since I have a book I read a lot and saw all those pictures in that book of the museum. And in my first time to Egypt I saw the Valley of the Kings something I also wanted to see and many more locations in Egypt. So the dream places I had as a child I have already seen in Egypt

5. Catwan

Catwan Confused Vampiric Kitten
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    This may seen a little weird but I've always wanted to roadtrip to every Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in North America. It's a weird dream but I'm hoping to make it come true.

More seriously I've always wanted to go to Germany. After figuring out my past life was in Germany I want to go there to find out more about the country. (My heratige is also germanic)

I want to go to a place where you can see all the stars.

Cat Island sounds awesome!

I've heard of the museum of mummies but I'm sure where it is. The main thing I want to see is I wanna tour around to all the old mental asylums and prisons. Alcatraz would be awesome to see as well.

6. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,812.18
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    Ireland is on my list and I want to go diving just about everywhere.

7. Roger

Roger Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I would like to go to Idaho. I went there once, I thought it was great.

8. Nod

Nod Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ3.63
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire
    I'd really love to visit Greece. I'm fairly familiar with the culture and history for the most part, but to just be there would be.. fantastic. One day.

9. portalcandies

portalcandies Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ414.31
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Lately, I've been more interested in traveling to see events despite having a "bucket list" of places I'd like to visit, the main ones being the northern lights and a total solar eclipse. I've seen a partial eclipse from the museum near me, but I'm upset I missed the aurora over the airport in June (2 days after my birthday, even). For reference, I live in Colorado and some pretty heavy solar activity and geomagnetic storms are required for there to even be a slim chance of seeing them here.

On the list of actual places I'd like to see, Italy and Japan have been at the top of the list for years. Egypt and China have practically dropped off the list for numerous reasons. I'd also like to be able to visit Stonehenge at some point.

10. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Same.

Hmm I kind of also want to visit the Galápagos Islands, but. I don't really support people living on them or the super-touristy part of it but just. Urgh. Can I go time travel with Darwin and watch him chuck marine iguanas out to sea to watch them swim back? I'd like that. Also see the tortoise that is well over 100 years old now who would have been a baby when Darwin was there. Reptile lifespans, people.

11. Terro

Terro Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ496.39
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    I ticked one off the list, went to Scotland for my honeymoon, drove 1,200 miles around over the course of 9 days, saw 11 different castles, saw Loch Ness, saw the Crown Jewels (no one should be surprised that the sword of Scotland is a giant claymore).

I want to see the Vatican city, and my wife and I have decided 5 year anniversary plan is either that or Kyoto, Japan.

12. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ3,812.18
    Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
  13. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I want to go to Ireland and visit the places where my ancestors lived.

I would also love to go to Greenland and learn about the indigenous cultures. Somewhere around 80% of the population is indigenous, and the Greenlandic languages are polysynthetic, which means a single word can carry the meaning of an entire sentence.

14. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ1,613.77
    Unsettling PhilterBold PhilterChibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Holland and Belgium. For heritage reasons, and Northern Renaissance paintings.
    Italy. Art & architecture and I've heard that the food is damn amazing
    Paris, France. Mostly art.
    China. Art and sight-seeing. Love the landscape, from what I've gleaned from paintings.
    Japan. Because I'm a tad bit weeaboo and also art and the awesome animal parks
    New Zealand. Because the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were awesome.
    Washington, USA. For the forests
    Washington DC for all of the Whistler paintings.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Bones:
    Ƀ943.39
    Blue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    @Terro my husband and I did a driving holiday to Scotland last year, we absolutely loved it. Did you have good weather for your honeymoon there?

16. Kynthia

Kynthia Mors
    VIP FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.05
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I want to visit Beijing and Shanghai, and The Great Wall of China. If I had more time I'd visit Seoul, South Korea to. I just love Asia for some reason.

17. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ3,388.04
    Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I've always wanted to visit Canada. I have no idea why, it's just something I've always wanted to do.

18. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ123.47
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    There's many a place I want to visit, I could go on for ages, so I'll keep it short and sweet. Of all places I've ever dreamed of going, the one I've always wanted to visit is Hokkaido, Japan. The scenery just looks beautiful and they have some of the most unusual, rarest wildlife I've ever heard of. All of which would be amazing to see in real life.

19. Enby Duck

Enby Duck Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'm not to picky to where I wanna go, honestly anywhere would be great! Especially to
    learn other traditions/cultures, it sounds exciting than my boring life hah. If I had to
    only pick one place however, it'd be Mexico to connect to my culture. (In fact I think
    I even stated this in one of the forum games? Sounds very familiar..)

20. Amaris Matris

100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ252.69
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Realistically I would like to go to Antarctica and winter over there, or go to the very tippy top of Alaska and live in the snow and winter there.

A lot less realistically, I would like to go back to my childhood (3 years of age) in Auckland, everything seemed so much simpler back then. Sigh