Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

PSA for anyone living in the eastern half of the United States

Hikiko

Asexual Pride
Therianthrope
Fictionkin
Any/All
Screenshot_20220715-172957~2.png
This is a spotted lanternfly. It feeds on trees that people use for various important purposes, such as fruit trees, pine trees, and ornamental trees. The species is native to China but has spread to the US and is wreaking havoc on the fruit and logging industries. If allowed to spread, lanternflies will cause serious damage to apple, cherry, plum, and pine trees - among many others, leaving the US with a shortage of fruit and timber. They are currently found in Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia, and are likely to spread farther. Check your vehicle, clothes, and other items frequently when travelling through these areas and before you leave states where they are found. Kill these insects on sight - they can't hurt you and can't fly very far, so they're good hunting practice! And you'll be doing something good for the environment while you're at it.

Read more here:" USDA APHIS | Spotted Lanternfly"USDA APHIS | Spotted Lanternfly

irkeneon

Otherkin
Fictionkin
Plural
Thanks for the heads up, looks like they still aren't in the south yet thankfully but I'll keep that in mind since we've got a lot of fruit trees we use

Slash Pine

VIP
She/Her
Super helpful! And thank you so much for linking an article to this. I've seen allot of posts in my gardening groups about those bugs, thankfully I haven't seen anything that looks like those lanternflys yet. Now I know how to properly identify them thanks :D