Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Rate the Song then Post Another

Laurel

Mercat
Otherkin
Conceptkin
Gun
They/Them
I'm gonna give that a 1/10. I did not enjoy listening to it at all.

This may be a little slow for folks to enjoy here, but it's what I've got on repeat lately.

Timbrilsom

He/Him
6.5/10 Eh, it's kind of bland. But not half bad. Nice pick

I'm generally not a huge fan of Christian Praise music. But this one legit gives me chills every time. They made Jesus look like a total badass

Timbrilsom

He/Him
5/10 It sounds nice but . . . THAT'S IT!???
Where's the variety in the instrumentals? Where are the lyrics? It seems like there should have been more to the song than that. It just kind of randomly cuts off at the end with no buildup. Why!???

FoxyAnimations

Conceptkin
Thief's Toolbox
Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Other (see signature)
5/10 It sounds nice but . . . THAT'S IT!???
Where's the variety in the instrumentals? Where are the lyrics? It seems like there should have been more to the song than that. It just kind of randomly cuts off at the end with no buildup. Why!???

Sorry for not rating, but it's a game soundtrack for a cutscene-why would it have lyrics, or be long with a build up?

Timbrilsom

He/Him
9/10 Absolutely beautiful. I docked off a point because it isn't quite a masterpiece. But it's still give me chills

Sorry for not rating, but it's a game soundtrack for a cutscene-why would it have lyrics, or be long with a build up?
Well that explains it. The thing about background music for video games or movies is that they're generally meant to be listed to in a particular context; namely, in the background of a particular scene or event.
So, when taken out of that context, they just don't quite work the same way. They feel incomplete and kind of fall apart.
There are exceptions of course (like anything written by Hanz Zimmer or John Williams). But generally, that's the rule of thumb. And unfortunately, the song you posted above is an example of a soundtrack that doesn't work out of context.

FoxyAnimations

Conceptkin
Thief's Toolbox
Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Other (see signature)
9/10 Absolutely beautiful. I docked off a point because it isn't quite a masterpiece. But it's still give me chills

Well that explains it. The thing about background music for video games or movies is that they're generally meant to be listed to in a particular context; namely, in the background of a particular scene or event.
So, when taken out of that context, they just don't quite work the same way. They feel incomplete and kind of fall apart.
There are exceptions of course (like anything written by Hanz Zimmer or John Williams). But generally, that's the rule of thumb. And unfortunately, the song you posted above is an example of a soundtrack that doesn't work out of context.

1/10, wouldn't listen to but beats kinda nice.