• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

Recommendations for a City Wolf?

I grew up in a rural area, and I had an abundance of fields, forests, and paths to frolic through at my whim. I miss those days, and I miss feeling so at peace with nature.

Unfortunately I had to leave my home, and move into my provinces capital city for college and pursuing my career. I’m almost done school, my graduation is being delayed but I’ll still be finished with it and in the work force soon. I can’t wait to move back to where I can roam free. I’m drooling at the idea of it. 

However, I’m still trapped in this city. I’m finding absolutely no relief from it. I don’t have little paths, woods or wide open spaces. Just drowning noise, sirens, etc. 
Sometimes I practice quadrobics when nobody is home, so at least that’s something. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 
Do any other wolves, trapped in a city have suggestions so I can feel more in-touch with myself? 

Thank you in advance 

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Exercise is definitely a good idea to work off the extra energy.  Also take walks if you are able. There's no substitute for sunlight even if you're in a city.  (I understand that might not be something you can always do these days, depending on where you are.) 

While it's not the same thing, I'd suggest playing games that have outdoor settings. Action games are good for working off stress and can help if the hunting instinct is getting to you. 

Another option is to make your surroundings more comfortable.  mynoise.net has some good sound generators that can remind you of being in nature. It might also help to cover up some of the city noises. Also you can look into scents, like essential oils or incense. If your dorm or apartment doesn't allow smoke or candles, an electric oil warmer can do the same job.  You might prefer the diffuser anyway because incense smoke can be too overpowering. Maybe put up some posters of nature scenes. A few houseplants can help a little bit too. 

Exercise is definitely a good idea to work off the extra energy.  Also take walks if you are able. There's no substitute for sunlight even if you're in a city.  (I understand that might not be something you can always do these days, depending on where you are.) 

While it's not the same thing, I'd suggest playing games that have outdoor settings. Action games are good for working off stress and can help if the hunting instinct is getting to you. 

Another option is to make your surroundings more comfortable.  mynoise.net has some good sound generators that can remind you of being in nature. It might also help to cover up some of the city noises. Also you can look into scents, like essential oils or incense. If your dorm or apartment doesn't allow smoke or candles, an electric oil warmer can do the same job.  You might prefer the diffuser anyway because incense smoke can be too overpowering. Maybe put up some posters of nature scenes. A few houseplants can help a little bit too. 
This is all super helpful. Thank you ^w^

Play animal crossing of you've got the money for it or listen to nature ambiance. Also some wolf simulation apps are great to play.
I’ve been playing Animal Crossing all week. Super relaxing!

CopperCoyote

Are there any nearby parks you could visit?  Even though I also live in a city, I'm within walking difference of a nature park and I visit it regularly.  I find that really helps.

Surely, there must be at least one within driving distance at least. right?