Rejection | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Rejection

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Draconi kratosus, Jul 1, 2015.

?

Would you or wouldn't you totally reject your humanity to be in a permanent mental shift?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Maybe

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  1. Draconi kratosus

Draconi kratosus Keeper of the Memory, Dream Interpreter

Bones:
    Ƀ20.85
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Comment the details.

2. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,016.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Interesting topic you're bringing up here. I had to say yes myself, for reasons I have a hard time describing, and I'm interested to see what other people have to say about this.

3. kiror

kiror Fuzzy Mirror
    Staff Member Deputy Admin Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ31.20
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    A permanent mental shift - in my opinion - would mean for my body torture: electroshock sessions in a sanatorium. I don't feel comfortable with this idea.
    But I feel that I would be happier shifted, so I answered Maybe, but it's tending to No because I hate having shocks of any kind.
    I would prefer being able to shift whenever I want for previously chosen period of time.

4. Luario

Luario The Punished
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.31
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    What is the point of bringing animal wildness and primal instincts of kintypes like mine back forever if I will still have such a weak and limited human body? With human body everything what would be unleashed will go to waste.
    So no. The better thing is learning to control inner calls of nonhuman soul and unleashing them when you are able to calm them down or use as an advantage. Sure, controlling such shifts like mental ones is difficult but still better than eternal unleash.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lost

Lost Wyrmling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ90.85
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    no?? i wouldn't? because like, like luario and kiror brought up, we're still in human bodies. being stuck in a permanent mental shift would mean probably getting locked up anyway if i didn't try to reign in the feelings and thoughts. and without the non-human body what exactly would be the point? i'd just be stuck trying to control urges that i can't actually fulfill.

• Like Like x 6
  6. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I wouldn't do this. As much as I would LOVE to, I'm in this life as a human and I will live my days to be the best one I can be. ( That goes for anything I may be in a life time )

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    No, especially because I'm still in a human body and i'd just end up in an insane asylum.

8. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I'd have to say no, being a suntherian seems to work for me as its a blend of my human an kin mentality; the best of both worlds I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I put "maybe." I could never cast away all of humanity inside of me as I am everything; but, I thought about it in terms of shoving all human-like forms back. I honestly couldn't do it, because as a polymorph, my shifts tend to completely forget they're in a human body. I'd have found some way to kill myself in minutes. (Ex: Toothless nearly making me leap from tree branch to tree branch like a monkey, or fly; and wolf shifts trying to make me jump down terrible heights without remembering I have weak bone arms) It would be nice to if my forms had a logical recognition of being in a human body, which is why it's a "maybe."

10. Shimmer

Shimmer Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.30
    Primary Identity:
    Unicorn
    Certainly not. My humanity is an essential part of my life experience; to reject it would be to defy the point of being here. That said, I also don't really view my "humanity" as separate from my "unicorn-ity"... I am me... I am both, always and completely. I don't know that I really experience mental shifts in the way that others do, so the question might not be particularly relevant to me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Attaia

Attaia Space Glitter
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.50
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I echo this. I never stopped being me just because I'm human now. My humanity is very precious to me.

12. PerkyHedgewitch

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    I voted "maybe".

I'm not sure it would really make much of a difference in my case. From what I remember we didn't function a whole lot differently. I would probably be constantly confused at my lack of wings. I didn't have all that different of a body shape. Maybe I'd remember some skills I'd lost in the transition to humanity?

• Like Like x 4
  13. toeclaws

toeclaws Oh Lord, a skunk, get away!
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.34
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Well, the majority of my therian identity is due to body dysmorphia, but I'm definitely connected to many mental qualities of skunks. I don't really mentally shift, though, so I have no concept of what it would be like in that state. I could be a lot happier, or just miserable and confused. I'm not worried about hospitalization so much as what amount of my self would remain. Would I be able to grasp it enough to actually enjoy it? Anyhow, I voted maybe.

14. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.25
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I voted maybe. My kin was very adept at playing human, so that wouldn't cause me much trouble. My kin didn't have human emotions, which would be a huge positive for me as most of my problems are caused by emotions. However, my kin was also very cruel, which is not something I would want to be so...*shrug*. It's still nice to imagine.

15. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    As a "constantly on" shapeshifter of sorts, it wouldn't make much of a difference to me if I were locked in a mental shift. It's sort of like being locked in your car. You can still kind of just go anywhere you have to, roll down the window, and talk to people and do things. It's how I roll these days. No pun intended, I think. I don't really have a humanity. I just have thousands upon thousands of learned behaviors that I shift between where necessary to survive.

Or, if I do have a humanity, I never thought of it as anything so strikingly unique that I would get to label it as a humanity. So many shifts I'd have would encroach on some aspects of humanity that it would blend seamlessly at certain points.

16. Invisus

Invisus Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ7.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    ;)
    My kintype is rather anthropomorphic in terms of intelligence and abilities (able to speak like a human and comprehend in addition to having various canine traits and being able to comprehend normal, non-supernatural canids)...really, it wouldn't do much and I'm kind of permanently mentally shifted anyways. I cannot imagine any differences between the rejection of humanity and my current state....except depending on the severity of the permanent m-shift if such a rejection was to happen, I may not be able to control some of the more vicious urges I have. This would not be good for me (or for the person who pissed me off and/or triggered a predatory response)

17. ASH_Nk

ASH_Nk Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    No. Unfortunately my kintype isn't even biological. Drinking motor oil or feeding off electricity would result in a short, painful life.

18. Icis

Icis Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.05
    Primary Identity:
    Theriomythic
    ^--- this.
    I'm human this life for one, so I want to enjoy this life. Like I have my previous ones.
    Secondly, its only a mental shift. Plus I'm stuck in a human body. White padded walls any one?

• Like Like x 2