Relaxing Sounds | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Relaxing Sounds

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Gryneos, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    :)
    Specifically, noise, and a site that offers possibly the largest collection of background noise in one place (and without having to search on YT or the Internet Archive.) I've been listening to The Sound of Paragliding (my own mix from that page's sound-sliders) for the last hour. It's quite relaxing and would be a good one for meditation. Most of the pages on his site are good for meditation and even has presets for doing just that.

Here's the intro page and some of the text there. You'll have to explore the site on your own as there's really too much to even list, let along describe ;) The middle link, Online Noises, is where all of the different soundscapes can be found.

myNoise™.net
    Custom-shaped Online Noise Machines
    Welcome to the convergence of serious audio engineering, creative sound design, and the scientific understanding of human hearing. The site you are about to enter is not
    just another of those soundscape websites but a serious tool oriented toward the needs of hearing professionals, sound therapists, and people interested in noise machines in general.

The ultimate Noise Machine
    Noise machines are great for blocking out background noises whether you're trying to work, study, relax, or even sleep. Compared to conventional noise blocking machines, myNoise noise generators can be shaped to the frequency characteristics of the environmental noise one needs to block, and therefore achieve a better camouflage, or - in other words - a greater masking efficiency at quieter levels.

Listening to myNoise noise generators in a quiet environment makes sense too, and is even recommended to enjoy their optimal sound quality. Let our noise generators become your best friend when it comes to soothing children at bedtime, or during your meditation and relaxation sessions.

There's more to read on the main page as well as on each generator page. Dr. Pigeon has done some fine recordings for his site, and ofte talks about his travels on his blog. I use the page quite often, sometimes even for true background noise-masking (such as masking out industrial noises.) I've probably got a couple of dozen favorite pages and personal settings by now. I highly recommend the site :)

2. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I found a thread back when I first joined that talked about Mynoise, I love that site! I love the healing river and underwater the most.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    Yes, I like many of the water-based ones, too. I can't remember exactly, but one I think called Healing Water has some beautiful birdsong in it, just crystal clear. Most of the sounds do make you feel like you're there.

4. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    I thought I'd bump this thread because, as I discovered in chat yesterday, there are still members who have not heard of it and more here may want to discover it to their joy ;)

Quite a few more soundscapes and generators have been added since this post last year, so it's always worth checking it out for new sounds and noises, such as Primeval Forest :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stephanie

Stephanie Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ279.67
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Hello again, Gryneos! Hope you are well! I just wanted to say I love these soundscapes. Thanks so much for posting this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ484.65
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    You're welcome, Stephanie! It's a great site to explore. Often I'll have a look around, revisiting sounds I might have tried (and not liked as much) when they were first posted, and now discover a new interest in them.