Religious delusions...? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Religious delusions...?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by erens, Sep 8, 2016.

1. erens

erens Hatchling
    'Kinbook User

Chibi Stawberry
    Bones:
    Ƀ294.83
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Before anything, I want to make it clear I'm not calling religion itself a delusion. If you believe in something, who am I to say your spirituality is a delusion?
    That being said, I have a lot of trauma associated with Christianity and, though I'm more leaning toward agnostic witchy beliefs, I still find myself in the mindset of a Christian from time to time, especially when it comes to topics that caused actual trauma.
    Does anyone else find themselves having religious delusions where they're convinced of something that's part of a belief they don't actually abide by? IE I don't believe in any aspect of Christianity but I'm constantly vigilant about the rapture and I know I'm not going to be raptured so I prepare for post-rapture apocalyptic scenarios.
    I just want to know if I'm alone on this or if others here experience the same things?
     Eren  

2. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ48.27
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I'm not sure if this counts, but I have a religious conflict between my previous life and this one. Ušumgal were created by the primordial goddess Tiamat of the Akkadian creation story. In this life I was raised Christan, in a sort of Mormon offshoot. I still haven't settled on how I want to reconcile the two, or if I want to ditch Christianity entirely.
    My previous life and this one don't have the same issue. The closest we came to worship that I recall was a sort of Great Spirit type thing, or worshipping nature. Words are sacred, but that was more a commonly held belief, like having souls.
     Teresa  

I'm also kind of paranoid about the Norse Ragnarok, or the Christian Apocalypse, whichever happens first, but it's not a pressing worry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. heckacentipede

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ2,696.53
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Ahah this is actually why I'm pantheistic
    There were too many solid "This feels really real" for too many conflicting religious/spiritual beliefs for me to deny their potential legitimacy. Specifically with things where they made sense with my otherkin beliefs but then bits and pieces fell apart on the specifics (due to misunderstandings and human corruption of the original texts, in my beliefs) and so the thing that makes the most sense is to just smash em all together (in a critical fashion) and there we go!

• Unique Unique x 1
  4. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ48.27
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I like that idea!

5. heckacentipede

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ2,696.53
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    At some point I'll probably write up a blog post detailing how I feel that everything works together...might actually go and do that now lol

6. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Hatchling

Brimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ300.93
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    I have some of the same problems, but thanks to my kin's memories, I have a better understanding of things. my kin is a demon, and i'm a Christian. hilariously ironic if you ask me.