Rejected - RFC: Roleplay Forum | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Rejected RFC: Roleplay Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Shiro, Jul 20, 2015.

?

Should we add a roleplay Sub-Forum?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2015.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Hello,

A member has recently requested in their introduction thread that we add an area for roleplaying on the site. I am not opposed to creating an area for it as a Sub-Forum of the fun & games forum. A lot of people on here seem to enjoy roleplaying, but others feel it would bring less legitimacy to the site and community. I am requesting comments from our members on adding a dedicated area for it. I feel it wouldn't hurt, but it's up to you all.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BlueDragon

BlueDragon Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.02
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Yes, if there would be strict rules though like what is allowed in a RP, what kind of content there would be, maybe sort it out in a couple of different categories depending on species and if you're seeking an RP or not

3. Voffen

Voffen The dachshund and Poof
    VIP K9 Unit

Daring DachshundBronze PawSilver PawGold Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ30,001.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I think it sounds like a good idea so you can be able to "let the animal out", or what I should call it, if you want/need to.

A friend of mine suggested that you might want to add some kind of catch, maybe that you must have been a member for a week or something before you can get access to it, so it's harder for the trolls to get there :3

• Like Like x 3
  4. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    If added, there would be a criteria for access. Members accounts must be at least seven days old with at least fifty approved posts before they'd be granted access. Additionally, you would not earn bones nor would your post-count increase for role-play posts. In addition, the area would NOT be indexable by search engines or viewable to members who have not meet the automatic confirmation criteria.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I really think it would jeopardize the legitimacy of the site. If there is one ounce of roleplay here someone can discount this entire site as roleplayers. Otherkin get slack enough for being 'roleplayers that took things too far'. I think it should indefinitely remain separate from the site. If anybody wants to start a website outside of Kinmunity then by all means go ahead. I enjoy roleplaying and would most likely join the little site and participate. I just think any roleplay should remain separate from this site.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    Alternatively, we could have a roleplay social group as well. This keeps it 'unofficial'.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I think that would make both sides of this whole thing happy!

• Like Like x 2
  8. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I like this idea! Ironically, the way I figured out what my kintype is was through roleplaying and character creation. When I did a bunch of research to make the character more realistic, it all ended up getting sorted out in a way.

I am worried that adding a roleplay area to the site might damage some of the legitimacy and slight seriousness of the site but I think it'll be fun to have it here.

• Like Like x 2
  9. kiror

kiror Fuzzy Mirror
    Staff Member Deputy Admin Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ575.76
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    I think that adding a sub-forum for role-playing would be a good idea, but I think it should have another logo (a dice in air showing three different paws [dragon, wolf, horse]) with different name (like "kinplayers" or "kinroleplayers"), the saying "Maintained by Kinmunity" and a link in the navigation tab that is shown only for registered users (the URL could be like "https://www.kinmunity.com/roleplay" [restriction: if the user isn't logged in and the user manually typed the URL (since it'll not me shown for him), an error message like "The requested page could not be found." should appear in his screen]); then I think kinmunity and the role-playing sub-forum would be enoughly distant from the other sub-forums and the eye of general public.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Golden_Tigerkin

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I think it would be a good idea! But I agree with the others that it should be a separate entity, that members who meet the criteria will have access to, while maintaining the seriousness and the legitimacy of the Kinmunity website! I think it sounds great, but I also agree that posts there shouldn't count for bones and post counts!

11. Yoshitoki

Yoshitoki Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Sounds like a good idea! :3

12. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    We now have a groups system on Kinmunity. It would be more appropriate for a member of the community to create a group dedicated to roleplaying rather than having an actual forum dedicated to the topic. Therefore, this RFC is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.