Rips in time | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Rips in time

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Dinocanid, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    My sister brought this up a long time ago. What if seeing ghosts are just occurrences of rips in time? To you they look like a ghost, but you could also look like a ghost to them and they're just going about their normal business.
    Idk. Discuss.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I've thought of spirits in a similar fashion, that its other beings in dimensions that exist in vibrations higher or lower than the confines of this one that some how temperarily fall into the vibrations of this dimension; it would also explain the existances of multiple lands and beings that religious texts talk about.

#2 Nyht Myst, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  3. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    I can't remember who it was who said this, maybe my sister or mom, when i was little. That maybe we aren't in fact seeing Ghosts, that instead is simply the past happening all around us but we are unable to see it. I think a rip in time makes a lot of sense.

4. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Blue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ886.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    My thoughts on ghosts has always been that they are a 'recording' of a past event that gets 'played' occasionally for some reason. They are a bit like a double exposure on a photo, the background is there and then something else appears in it that shouldn't be there. I don't think the ghosts are aware that they are there, they are just a recording of the past.
    I've also thought about this theory for say people who claim to see dinosaurs or say the Loch Ness Monster, could they be seeing their ghosts? I probably haven't explained myself very well its easier to talk about than type about. I like the time rip idea though *goes off to ponder*.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ380.20
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I'd never thought of this before, and my brain is honestly really screwed up now, thanks. Lol, in all seriousness, I think that's a good theory. It would make sense why we see a lot of flashes, images, or people - when nothing is truly there.

6. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    Woa...I never thought of that. Wow.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Blue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ886.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    Sorry to melt your brains guys, my mind goes off in all different directions sometimes, I do love hearing about and coming up with all kinds of weird therories as to why things happen and how we percieve the world.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hexagoner

Hexagoner Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ12.07
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I believe the same thing! It makes the most sense to me honestly. It explains why a lot of ghosts seem to "repeat" what they did when they were alive ad nauseam and don't seem to notice human presences. I just always figured they were bits of something that already happened, or maybe hasn't happened yet, displaced in time and space. Intangible recordings basically.

Another thing I've come to believe, based on my own experiences with supernatural type encounters, is that some ghosts are really interdimensional beings impersonating these rips in time for their own means. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they must use emotion as a food source, and impersonating ghosts in order to get a good reaction out of us is how they get their sustenance.

I mean that probably sounds really out there, but the Universe is far too vast and mysterious for me to put off supernatural and paranormal experiences as flights of fantasy. Too many dimensions in space and time, too many ways things can unfold.

9. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ707.00
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I don't think you necessarily need a rip in time to explain this. Time, as we perceive it, is an entirely human invention. It could just be that all moments in time are playing simultaneously, but we are only able to see the one we are in, aside from rare instances of overlap.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Diamond Dogs

Diamond Dogs Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ0.05
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    I'm not sure if I necessarily see it as a rip, but I perceive it as a "gateway" of sorts, as it was said earlier in the thread: overlaps between different instances of time and space. One universe, one iteration, one part of time itself accidentally bleeding into another. I believe some types of hallucinations are also instances of this as well. Honestly, this could all tie into a view on the universe that we held ages ago, and probably still hold now, wherein all possible outcomes within a given timeline are playing out in some other expanse of time and space. What we end up seeing is just a single possibility, meanwhile, slightly altered versions of ourselves and the space we live in are playing out at the exact same time in other spaces, and sometimes happen to lapse over into one another, in the forms of ghosts, particularly strong instances of unexplained déjà vu, or what have you.

- JETSTREAM SAM

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nova Spirit

Nova Spirit Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ98.72
    Primary Identity:
    Energy Being
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    My personal theory for most dead human spirit sightings is not that there are "rips in time" but more like imprints from the past created by the beings who died and couldn't quite let go entirely, an aspect of them or a shell of their former self is trapped in a loop, this is usually why alot of the sightings are of the same action or sequence taking place, but I also believe in beings that live on different frequencies of reality which would account for the rest of the sightings and experiences that aren't repetitive in nature.

(my otherkin type is one of the beings who live on a higher frequency of reality so it's kinda hard for me to not believe in those types of beings lol)

#11 Nova Spirit, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016