Satanism | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Satanism

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Smooth Jazz Mann, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Smooth Jazz Mann

Smooth Jazz Mann Resident Demon of Jazz
    VIP Demonkin

Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Bones:
    Ƀ104.57
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    • Like Like x 1
  2. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ707.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Honestly, if I one day felt inclined to join a religion it would probably be LaVeyan Satanism. Although, one of the big road blocks for me would be the stupid ~~Edgy (tm)~~ reputation that any form of satanism attracts, and all the immature people that flock to those types of things.

I do enjoy their rules of the earth, and their list of sins, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Silver Winter

Silver Winter Burned in Ice, Rises from the Ashes
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ173.81
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I always liked Laveyan Satanism. As someone who was brought up in a Christian household, to me the religion just seemed very...I don't know, illogical?

But Satanism feels a lot more aligned with what humans are and instead of trying to transcend our animalistic foundations like Christianity does, Satanism celebrates it, which is something I appreciate. But it still pushes you to be a good person, but to appreciate yourself as well.

4. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.52
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I remember having done a project on The Church of Satan (amusingly, it was for my Understanding Cults class and at the end of the assignment I specified that Church of Satan really isn't a cult by any means) and that was my major introduction to the religion. I have been considering myself as a possible Satanist, I'm still just in the process of lining up my spiritual beliefs and such. It's an interesting process, I must admit.

Satanism is possibly the most understandable religion to me, at least LaVeyan Satanism. I do like the idea of celebrating human abilities as opposed to idolizing another being.

5. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    If I remember rightly, there was a documentary called 'Inside the Church of Satan'. Really interesting to watch, although I'm unsure how I even came across it one day

6. portalcandies

portalcandies Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ397.14
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Man, I was raised Catholic and if I didn't have some other personal religious/spiritual business going on, I'd consider myself a Satanist 100%. Not necessarily LaVeyan, though, seeing as they don't see the concept of "Satan" as an actual being, but I actually had a pretty massive "spiritual Satanist" thing going on back in high school. Probably as a rebellious teenager thing, but the ideas and thoughts in a lot of LHP religions/groups stuck with me, for allowing you to be who you are in this world for you, not some other being. (Not to mention being allowed to enjoy yourself along the way.) I definitely agree with the sins, Rules of the Earth, and the Satanic Statements...

Since then, I've grown and started working with a lot of other ideas and paths other than Satanist/LHP philosophies, but no single religion felt right. I'm not agnostic or really even close to it, in fact, I'm kind of the opposite. I feel that every path, religion, group, etc. has some small hint of truth in it. Unsurprisingly, this also includes so-called "fictional" religions or religions based on works of fiction. The concepts of self-indulgence rather than self-denial are still important to me, and I'm probably still a bit sore about my upbringing, so I still consider myself to follow a mostly Satanist/LHP philosophy without identifying as such. Mostly to do with embarrassment, as well as the ~2edgy~ stereotypes.

7. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    My ex was a LaVeyan Satanist, it suited them really well and I learned a little about it through them. It's one of the few religions I don't really mind that much, I like their approach to things and it's neat to see something where you worship... you. However, I'm not one and I don't think I ever would be.

8. amberguara

amberguara Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ336.96
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I was raised close to many christians and it affected me on many ways. Here's my opinion on it: It's the most down to earth religion I have ever seen. That wasn't a compliment. It's a religion that goes heavily against my moral values even if it happens to be very interesting to me. There are things about respecting other people's privacy that I enjoy, but many of it's rules are way too territorial and competitive for me. I don't mind the ones that follow what's been written there, but that just ain't for me.

9. Khar

Khar Hatchling

Shark
    Bones:
    Ƀ416.60
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    Mood:
    :winkytongue:
    I'm a LaVeyan Satanist. I'm not a fan of the Church of Satan as an institution. I disagree with some of the things they have done and stood for over the years, much of which actually seems very unsatanic. Hell, the very existence of a central church doesn't seem to quite fit with my understanding of Satanism. Everyone has their own interpretation of what's written in the Satanic Bible and other books by Anton LaVey on the topic. For me, it all comes down to personal freedom, the dismantling of oppressive systems, and the embracing of one's true nature and animalistic qualities. I've read the Satanic Witch and have used some pieces of it here and there. I also incorporate sea witchcraft into my work.

10. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ48.27
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    It looks interesting, and I like their stance, but being raised in the Bible Belt the idea of joining or something makes me kind of uncomfortable. Still, it'd be nice to sit down and talk with a few members, it's always worth it to learn about a different philosophy. I never realized they were atheist!
    I think it's funny and interesting. Granted, they'd be of the opinion that I'm a delusion, but it's nice to know they don't sacrifice babies to the Dark Lord or whatever. We only read a bit of the FAQ's.
     Teresa