Saw something strange today. | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Saw something strange today.

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by akota, Aug 30, 2015.

1. akota

akota Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I was just strolling around in my yard, and I stumbled across something interesting. It was the remains of a bird, a mourning dove I believe, but what was strange is that nothing was left behind except for half a wing and the bird's heart. There was a yellowjacket on the heart, which makes sense because they eat raw meat, but it was just strange to see everything gone save for a few things. I've been running into some similar things lately, such as I was by the bayside and found a raccoon carcass, the skeleton bare and exposed, save for a few scraps of flesh cured by the saltwater. I just found it strange because it was right along the path down from the house, just laying there in open water. I'm wondering if the two of these could be some sort of sign, as I am very spiritual towards nature, or maybe just some strange encounters. Any opinions?

2. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,701.12
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    In my opinion, it's most likely to be a sign of cats, birds of prey, etc...but I'm not one for "signs".

3. Rowan

Rowan Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    It's quite possible that it could have been a sign, however it could have been an animal's meal instead. Possibly a house cat in the bird's case; like Seraphyna had mentioned. Domesticated cats have the tendency to play with the carcass. Which would explain why parts were missing.

4. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    Indeed, house cats will play with a dead bird. As for the racoon carcass, possibly something bigger, if you have coyotes in your area? If it *is* a sign, I would think it would be a simple sign that this path is not safe for you to walk alone, or at night. I don't know what else could be interpreted from it other than danger.
    I hope this helps.

-Jodi

5. Rexkin

Rexkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.10
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    You can make everything into a 'sign' if you try hard enough, doesn't mean that it actually is. As others have said it just means that animals are hunting near your home. Animals do what they are programmed to do.

• Like Like x 2