Secret life of the Human Pups | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Secret life of the Human Pups

Discussion in 'Televison & Movies' started by Rexkin, May 25, 2016.

1. Rexkin

Rexkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.10
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Channel 4 10pm today is this show. No idea how bad it will be but I'll be watching it so thought this thread will be good for discussing with it.

I'm sure this will be a poor documentary but maybe worth watching, don't even know if it's even about otherkin/therians

2. Mist Howler

Mist Howler Tofu-Eating Reptilian
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Alien/Spacekin

Blue Shift PhilterSparkling PhilterVoice KeyGold VIP - Six Month Subcription
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,632.91
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Mood:
    :angel:
    I'm interested in seeing it. Though, is it airing at 10pm... GMT-8? GMT-3? I kinda want to know so I can see it, as it goes.

3. Rexkin

Rexkin Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ20.10
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    GMT +-0, sorry should have flagged it up. It doesn't seem to be any real otherkin stuff on but still kinda interesting

4. Mist Howler

Mist Howler Tofu-Eating Reptilian
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Alien/Spacekin

Blue Shift PhilterSparkling PhilterVoice KeyGold VIP - Six Month Subcription
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,632.91
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Mood:
    :angel:
    Thanks for letting me know c:. Although, it appears I cannot watch it currently, I will, once I find it.

5. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Well, it really has nothing to do with Otherkin. It's also a pretty good quality documentary as well.
    I read an article all about it today. Though I am probably not the proper age to talk about it, it is people who dress up as dogs with at least one human handler with them. They're not exactly like furries, considering their outfits are usually skin tight and came out of the BDSM community. Of course, there is the whole thing with the acting and outfits being used for...adult things. But, they even say that they just do it for fun. It lets them just be themselves and fool around.
    I recommend reading the article before jumping to conclusions about it, especially since I'm a bit too young to talk about everything in depth haha.

#5 BirdMonster, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. kiror

kiror Fuzzy Mirror
    Staff Member Deputy Admin Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ54.00
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Thank you for elucidating this for me. I was trying to watch it, but it was giving me the same error in all 10 VPNs I tried: "The service is not currently available in your area.":
    Screenshot - 25-05-2016 - 20:24:19.png
    Now everything I can do is wait someone download and upload that video to YouTube or some other video platform that doesn't block Brazil. Thank you (again) for not letting me in the cruel doubt for a long time.

7. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Well, you're welcome! The moment I saw this thread pop up, I went, "Oh no. I better tell them this documentary is not about otherkin before something happens."
    I may watch it eventually but I get extremely uncomfortable around some of those things so not in my near future.

8. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I would watch it, but since some of the furries branded the petplayers some pretty damnable things... I don't want to watch it. I just hope it shows the petplay community in both sexual and non-sexual lights.

9. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    You expect unbiased looks into such stories? They will word it in such a way as to obviously avoid offense but this will open the floodgates to people knowing such things exist and we all know that this will create a lot of disturbance.

10. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    No, I don't expect unbiased. Especially where the media are concerned covering this.

Just watch, people will ridicule this, brand it disgusting, even though they know nothing about it other than what they have seen. They may word it as inoffensive as they may try, but at the end of the day, who's going to look at that 'documentary' and think 'oh hey, not all of this is sexual'? Not a lot.

11. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    It's really disheartening to see how society warps and shames so many things without properly knowing what it is, including otherkin and this. I personally have no issue with petplay whether it is sexual or not, as long as it's healthy/safe/not harming anyone and consensual, a person should do what makes them happy or amuses them by all means. I haven't seen the video yet, but I'll probably try to catch some of it if it is uploaded to YouTube too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,343.88
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I turned on the TV last night and this was on, missed about 15 mins at the start, but the parts I did see were actually ok. I wouldn't say it was brilliant, but considering the rout I'd imagine most documentaries would have taken I think this showed it in an ok light. The parts I saw focused on it as mainly a niche recreational role-play lifestyle type of thing. It was mostly portrayed as something enjoyed as recreation or a sort of escapism/confidence booster for people with anxiety, and focused more on the enjoyment of just "getting into the mindset" and becoming a puppy rather then sex.

There was also one part where they organised a puppy walk outside, only two people actually showed up for it, but they asked some members of the public their opinions and the majority of comments were sort of semi-confused but positive about the puppy walk.

Missing the start I can't say how that went, but through most of what I watched the sexual side was only mentioned in passing, there were some sexual hints and it was noted that it started in the BDSM community but has since branched out from that.
    Towards the end it did become a bit more sexual when they went to a competition, but even then the pup the documentary followed commented on it being odd (I can't remember the exact wording, basically saying it wasn't something he was used to seeing in puppy play) and how he was used to it as a form of role-play.

So, unless the start I missed was a mass orgy they focused on the non-sexual side of things.

#12 Velvet Wings, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    @Velvet Wings that is good to hear, I missed it unfortunately because I tend to avoid TV