Status
Not open for further replies.

Eersian

Nov 21, 2018
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Feminine
I noticed there is no shoutbox. With a shoebox people can talk with others as a group and get to know each other better. Would this be a thing in the future?

M

Mirath

Unverified
We have a Discord server that handles that much better, as well as it being linked to your Kinmunity account.

It also has to be kept in mind that a shoutbox would be viewable to guests, which could potentially affect first impressions.

L

Lethal Teapot

Unverified
It also has to be kept in mind that a shoutbox would be viewable to guests, which could potentially affect first impressions.
Last forum I used that had a shoutbox kept it hidden from guests, making it viewable by guests seems really odd to me.

Naia

*goes fast*
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 10, 2018
Bones
🦴369.52BN
Pronouns
Feminine
I noticed there is no shoutbox. With a shoebox people can talk with others as a group and get to know each other better. Would this be a thing in the future?
We have a Discord server for this purpose. Discord is more powerful than a shoutbox and also allows voice chat. Additionally, it can be better utilized on mobile devices. You can access the Discord server by clicking on this link and associating your Discord account with your Kinmunity account.

Last forum I used that had a shoutbox kept it hidden from guests, making it viewable by guests seems really odd to me.
While it is possible to hide a shoutbox and make it only available to members, whenever a Shoutbox is present on a forum, it tends to decrease posting activity. We feel our solution, to have a Discord server, meets the needs of anyone wishing to chat with other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.