Staff member
Community Manager
Nov 8, 2018
England
Bones
🦴2.25BN
Pronouns
Feminine
As many of you are likely aware there is currently a bug making it difficult for users to log in to Kinmunity.

On logging in to the site you are then asked to create a new account with a new username/email. Upon doing so you are then able to log back in to your usual account.

We realise this is causing a lot of difficulties/confusion and apologise for the inconvenience. I'm sure Naia will have this issue fixed as soon as she is able!
If you are accessing the site through a secure, private device it may be best to avoid logging out in order to avoid complications, however if you are on a shared/public computer this is obviously not advised.

To help us clean up any duplicate accounts while this bug is going on, each time you need to make a new account please reply below with the alternate username you have created (those who already posted names in the bug thread need not repeat them). Alternatively create easy to identify usernames (i.e. velvet_secondaccount1, velvet_secondaccount2, etc...). I'll try to delete dupe accounts asap to allow you to reuse your alt emails if you need to repeat this process.

Again we're very sorry for the inconvenience and we hope this issue will be fixed soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Velvet

A Lizardy Cat
Staff member
Community Manager
Nov 8, 2018
England
Bones
🦴2.25BN
Pronouns
Feminine
This bug should now be fixed!

If you are still experiencing the bug please clear your cache and cookies, you should then be able to log in as normal.
Things may look slightly off around the site as the theme was disabled during the bug fixing process, however you should be able to use the site normally and KM will get back to looking it's old self soon!

A huge thank you to @Naia for fixing things.  :heartj:

Last edited by a moderator:

Naia

*goes fast*
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 10, 2018
Bones
🦴5.02BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Apologies for the late fix, I've been sick and was in the hospital. All is well now. Pro-Tip: Never write code when you're not feeling well and giving your all, a small enhancement gone wrong could cause a massive headache causing bug. 😜

Mar 12, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Apologies for the late fix, I've been sick and was in the hospital. All is well now. Pro-Tip: Never write code when you're not feeling well and giving your all, a small enhancement gone wrong could cause a massive headache causing bug. 😜
I'm really sorry, are you doing any better now? :'D