Rejected - Site Logo/howls/ehowls | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Rejected Site Logo/howls/ehowls

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Hadanariel, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hadanariel

Hadanariel Spawn

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ29.58
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I would like to suggest that the site logo and the name of howls and ehowls be changed to reflect the inclusive nature of all otherkin onsite. The current ones have heavily therian overtones. I had a conversation with another user earlier who expressed noticing the same thing and I think it would go a bit toward promoting the site as all inclusive (not that I think most members really care too much anyway XD). Just thought I'd throw my two-cents in on it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    The term "howl" has existed for quite some time to refer to gatherings of therians and otherkin. There is no other term currently in-use for this purpose, and I feel that it would be pretentious to create one solely for use on our site. However, with regards to the banner, I will leave your suggestion up and evaluate the number of likes and comments it gets in a few weeks. We are more than willing to hold a banner contest if this is something people are interested in.

As far as changing the name of eHowls and Howls, that suggestion is rejected.
    As far as changing the banner, that suggestion is under consideration.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hadanariel

Hadanariel Spawn

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ29.58
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    oooh, I'd never heard the term before... I remember we just used "meet-up" back in the day XD

4. kiror

kiror Fuzzy Mirror
    Staff Member Deputy Admin Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ42.90
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I still remember that there were two requests (that got lost in the crash) asking to change forum names, specially those under "The Dens", to be more inclusive to other kintypes - their major failures was one: not suggesting name candidates.
    About site logo, I have an idea; but it would be kind of "more of the same"...

5. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    And as far as the logo idea goes, due to lack of interest, it is also rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.