Size of your phantom body? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Size of your phantom body?

A group for kitsune resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Ok so the other day I realized something and, I basically went dinner plate eyes. My phantom limbs and astral body if not scaled down. Are bigger then a freaking horse! I don't know how I scale my spiritual self down, it seems to be something I just do on instinct. However if I unscale myself and go to complete size I'm HUGE!? I thought I was the size of a normal fox? Oh also my general shape is that of a four legged fox.

Has anyone experienced similar?

2. Kitsu

Kitsu Kapptsune

Bones:
    Ƀ127.02
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    Personally, I don't get a lot of phantom-limbs besides tails, but I'm a regular-sized fox.
    It's funny though, my "headmate" or guardian (or something; it's complicated) is a myoubu who in headspace is bigger than a horse too.

3. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Interesting. I constantly have a full phantom body, fur and all. I quiet like having fur. I'm actually sort of sad when I shift into my dragon kintype. No more fur!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Johnny Phox

Johnny Phox Hatchling
    Kitsune Cove

Bones:
    Ƀ374.80
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    I feel my full phantom body when I shift, though most of the time I only feel my ears or tail (I only have felt a single tail, my theory is I was an inexperienced Kitsune before this life). Typically the size of my phantom body has been the size of a normal fox, which gets really awkward when your physical body is 6'2", but when I get angry I feel like I could be the size of a grizzly. Mind you I'd have to get really mad to feel that.

5. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I did have one thing that I've discovered you may find interesting. I have noticed at times that all my tails merge into one for some reason. Like to hide how many tails I have? I don't know it's another one of those instinctual reactions or not. You could have multiple tails but you could be hiding them? Who knows.

Very interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Johnny Phox

Johnny Phox Hatchling
    Kitsune Cove

Bones:
    Ƀ374.80
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    That may be the situation, Kitsune are master illusionists at the end of the day after all (though it seems silly to use those illusions on myself ). Maybe I'll see or feel my other tails one day. Thanks for the idea, I'm gonna have to look into it.

#6 Johnny Phox, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  7. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    They are masters of illusion. I have seen some lore where any kitsune with more then 7 tails was hunted down and killed by humans. Maybe that's why I hide mine? Your welcome. good luck!

8. Kyuubi

Kyuubi Hatchling
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ4,704.61
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    My phantom body is bigger than your average fox, maybe the size of a wolf or something. It's still too small for this body, though, so a full-body shift is kind of uncomfortable!

9. Johnny Phox

Johnny Phox Hatchling
    Kitsune Cove

Bones:
    Ƀ374.80
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    Just an update, I recently had a shift where I sensed at least two additional tails, bringing my count up to three. It was a very exciting experience, thank you @Maggie Darkmoon for the suggestion :)

10. ArkanaVulpine

Hiatus

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ139.23
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    I'd imagine I'm about 4 feet high, at the shoulders, and can feel all my pretty fur if I let my mind drift for a moment or try to make it appear. If that makes sense.

I myself am about 5'11, so I feel pretty comfortable in my body. Most of the time in my waking life, I just see myself with the ears and tail thing, though, and my SO is able to understand them well enough if I emote them, so to speak.

11. AgmaToki

AgmaToki Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ330.48
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    Mood:
    :perservingface:
    I'm 5'6, and I think one of the reasons I want to be taller despite being average is because I feel so small all the time. Because I tend to live in the comfortable state of a mix of kitsune and normality (to be as balanced and aware as possible), if I ever get out of the shift then I suddenly feel very tall. Strangely tall, and I always wonder if I've grown some when I haven't at all.
    I guess I'm just a tiny fox.