Skyrim questions | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Skyrim questions

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Oak, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Oak

Oak Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Is anyone else here really obsessed with Skyrim like me?
    And if so, what's your favorite race and why? Do you prefer melee weapons or magic? What's your favorite spell/weapon and why? Do you favor Imperial or Stormcloaks?
    Sorry for so many questions, I just like to know. And like I said, I may have a slight obsession.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I love the Elder Scroll games, replay them many times.
    I've come to love playing Nords, not for any game bonuses but because they seem like a strong, durable race.
    Wepons, I'm always getting stealth kills.
    A bow, great for long range and stealth kills.
    Neither? Every time I replay the games I kill more and more NPCs; I am a devout follower of Sithis in those games.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Argonians or Khajiit. Because beast races are quite epic
    Melee weapons, hands down. I've tried magic, not a fan of it
    Enhanced Dwarvern Crossbow (Dawnguard expansion)
    Stormcloaks. Because the armour looks sweet and the voice actor for Ulfric is real good...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Argonians; they most resemble the dragons
    Melee weapons. Longswords to exact. I like bows too.
    Firebreath because dragons o3o
    Neither. Choosing a side ends up with someone's kids either in the streets or locked in a basement and that makes me feel bad XD

• Like Like x 2
  5. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ88.42
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I've actually only just bought the game recently, but I'm already obsessed with it.

Khajit is my favourite race, I love their appearance. Nothing better than a cat-like race. :)
    Melee weapons.
    My favourite weapon so far is the bows, love using them for distance/stealth kills. Haven't really tried magic much yet so I can't comment on my favourite spell
    Neither. I've barely even played the storyline, I'm always too busy exploring the mountains and landscape.

• Like Like x 3
  6. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    *sad* I miss Skyrim, i didn't get to play it enough, my ex hogged it the whole time and I don't have it now.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Oak

Oak Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I just realized I never posted mine.
    I personally like Khajiit the most, I like the way they look, I like their race's story, etc.
    I much prefer melee, I really like The Mace Of Molag Bal, and I prefer crossbows over regular bows.
    And My first character is a stormcloak. I wasn't extremely interested in much of that though, I may have my second character do something else.

I like all of y'alls answers. ^-^

8. Bran

Bran Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    When I played, if I HAD to pick a preset race i usually did Breton. When I was able to run the Editor I made my own races though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Luario

Luario The Punished
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.31
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Argorian, what else a dragon could pick? ^^
    Melee, magic in skyrim feels a little weak compared to its mana cost.
    I like 1h swords because of their speed, critical hit and backstab potential if pure fight start to make me bored. I don't remember names but for most of the time I used that daedric light-making sword, sometimes glass sword and in the end made by myself dragonic 1h-sword + some dmg enchantments, entire dragon light armor as too. Favorite spell...heal ^^' I love having sword and heal but it's very annoying when I can't block with a sword if I have something in my second hand like heal or other spell. I don't like shields, I feel a little...em..."fatty" when I have one. The only game where i was using shields for real was Dark Souls...but I'm learning to roll anyway.

The last question is difficult. I like rebellions in general and I feel good taking a part in them but if you ask citizens about stormguys they always complain. Well, it's more like "I WANNA BLOOOOOD" and you don't actually care what will happen after that little war. This is unhealthy behavior and it's visible when everything ends because "what such a blood-demanding beast like me will do next?" and then comes some kind of depression. But hell, I love those temporary heart calls even if consequences of stopping are overwhelming. Probably this urge is what I have from my draconic life.

The imperials are bringing peace and order which citizens really likes if you ask them. They are fine in general and what they doing is very understandable if you find it out by working for them. But helping them feels like lame duty, you do things because it must be done ect.

I don't know what to do. Follow a wild heart and join stormbros and become a beast, butcher because i love it? Or listen to my mind and join empire and stop Ulfric's madness but always feel "empty" inside? Aghh It feels like my draconic wild nature and my peaceful human side are fighting inside me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Okay, tough one here. I'm not a racist or anything (ha, what?) but I tend to pick Imperials. I almost, almost feel like a racial bonus is cheating to a degree. I am wrong, of course, but I don't really care enough about it one way or another to argue. :) The Imperials look the least pockmarked or something. I don't know why it matters because we so rarely see our character again anyway.

I am most assuredly a bow and dagger person, being a Roguely sort of bloke. A bow is like that gift that lets you reach out and touch someone. Lethally. I am definitely all about that stealth game. I will reload a quicksave over and over again until I get the ideal outcome. If I don't, it means I have grown lazy or drowsy and might stop playing for a bit.

I find that I almost never use any potions except healing or mana potions. It's bothersome to me. I want to use Restoration magic to heal myself, but sometimes it's too slow. I don't mind multiclassing a Rogue / Healer, if that's a thing, but as they say on the internets, ain't nobody got time for that. Yes.

As for any loyalty on my part, I have gone fully down both paths, I think. I was probably more impressed by the Empire's side of things, but I tend to be a Stormcloak in my heart. Sadly, I play with my brain. That just does its own thing mostly. :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ718.81
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    My favourite race to play as is Orc, I really like their aesthetic. Although I feel like I'm letting the racial bonus go to waste because I like to hide somewhere and snipe enemies with a bow haha.
    My favourite weapon is a daedric bow with a fiery souls enchantment. The first time I played I only used close, one-handed weapons, because I didn't trust my aiming abilities (I play on console) but then I discovered from watching my sister use bows that aiming really isn't as difficult as I thought.
    I always play imperial. The stormcloak motto of "skyrim is for the nords" really rubs me the wrong way, especially after you find out about the snow elves. Also, it seems like ulfric likes causing trouble for the sake of it, and doesn't even really believe in his own doctrine.

• Like Like x 3
  12. LinRae

LinRae Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ12.82
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I like playing as a Bosmer in Skyrim. I usually max out sneak and archery first, because sniping is a good way to take out opponents, and bows are the best attack against dragons

• Like Like x 3
  13. Devagraha

Devagraha Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ1.25
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I have an obsession with skyrim as well.
    Mainly my favorite races are,
    Khajiit
    Argonian
    Dark elf

As for weapons or magick, I tend to have a even amount of the two, though I prefer weaponry; Ebony Daggers to be more precise. :)
    Most of my characters end up as assassins. So I normally always go hunting for Ebony Daggers to either buy or find.
    As for the stormcloak & Imperials, I have to go with neither, I don't particularly like any of them; I mostly just do my own thing. :)
    I could talk about skyrim all day, however I will end my rant here.
    ~
    Devagraha

14. Masema

Masema Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ30.77
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    To quote the French 'oui'.
    Hmm.. Kajiit, due to an ART mod
    neither.
    Dragonbone dagger (cause X12 sneak attack) and Revanent (cause anyone comes back to be my slave).
    Stormcloaks.

15. CreamCheese

CreamCheese Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I love skyrim. Beat it on xbox a long time ago and now I'm playing it on pc. I don't have a favorite race. As for weapons, I prefer weapons over magic, with my favorite weapon being the bow. My favorite spell is clarvoyance, as I have a terrible knack for getting lost.

16. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ358.37
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    My favorite race is probably Argonian cause they have a very unique design.
    I prefer using bows but some melee weapons are always nice for close combat.
    I love using the fire spells cause you can do a lot with fire, like sneak attacks.
    I favor myself... :D I don't really care for stormcloaks or imperials, I think they are standing in my way of success. :cool:
    I'm not obsessed with skyrim, I feel it's quite boring but it's nice to play if I have a lot of time to spend, I do like that I can explore places and do whatever I want.

17. FireSong

FireSong Wyrmling
    Alien/SpacekinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,001.07
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Skyrim thread!

My favorite race isn't playable, but I have a lot of Bretons, Bosmer, Argonians, and Redguards. I have a small set of 'standard' characters, but tend to end up with at least one or more of every playable race.

I like to buildcraft a lot, so I have a few different builds. Right now my mains are a sort of 'arcane ranger' where I use Conjuration, Archery, and Single-Handed dual-wielding together; a very classic paladin with Heavy Armor, mace, and Restoration magic; and a thief styled character who alternates between sneaky utility type abilities and becoming a werewolf.

As for the Civil War... neither! I've modded it so that I can join the Forsworn and ignore the Civil War quest as much as possible. With luck, someone will make a mod that lets you make peace between the factions.

I'm not sure if I'd still be playing without the modding community, but with mods you can pretty much make the game into whatever you want, which makes it very fun to keep experimenting with.

18. Bootrear

Bootrear Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ52.99
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Gods I just got this game back and have played 13 hours in two days.
    Send help.
    I normally play as an Argonion because of the water breathing (though my latest character is a Kajiit).
    I typically favor the bow and sneaking because I'm not very skilled and it gets me killed the least. I also like conjuration and giving my follower of choice (usually Faendel) a stabbing implement to put a barrier between me and the enemy. If I have to fight something like a boss or an enemy has found me, I like to spellsword-ing (spellax-ing?)
    I honestly hate that you have to choose between the stormcloaks and imperials because I hate both of them. Stormcloaks are a bunch of conservative, racist, jerks that remind me of Trump supporters. Their slogan should be "make skyrim great again" but it's already pretty bad with "Skyrim for the Nords"
    The imerials are at least a little more inclusive, but they're still not great.
    I say torch 'em both.
    Normally I pick Imperial.

19. FireSong

FireSong Wyrmling
    Alien/SpacekinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,001.07
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I'd send help but, honestly, I have a similar problem.

Choosing a good follower is important! My paladin character has trouble with followers, because the default AI wants them to tank, but I am clearly the tank in this situation. I usually go with a good mage follower since that has good balance with a lot of playstyles.

20. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ3,377.89
    Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    My favorite race is khajiit because I can make it look most like how I identify. :p Other races I like are dark elf and argonian, I've never played as anything other then those three.

I favor stealth with a bow or dagger and use magic to help conceal me or summon creatures to fight for me.
    I tend to dislike combat. I'd much rather find a nice ledge somewhere to hide on and pick my enemies off with a bow, or sneak up behind them and take them out with a dagger in one shot. When that fails, retreat, hide somewhere and let my minions pick them off for me. :p

I've never done the civil war questline so favor neither side.

#20 Velvet Wings, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016