Someone should hold a zoom meet!

oliver

May 17, 2020
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
I was thinking if we could get some people to join we could do fun things, we can do a show and tell! or like a story time! We can show off some of our gear and other stuff......yeah.. lol.. nope… bad idea. sorry, stupid kid brain being big dumb lol :worriedcat: no sign off today ig..

Feb 12, 2020
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Neutral
I like this idea! I'd be down for something like that! I do have to agree with @Dinocanid though, Zoom is a pretty shady application and I wouldn't touch it. Something like Discord, however, would be completely fine.

Hemlock

Mar 4, 2019
Bones
🦴0.02BN
Pronouns
Neutral
It would be an amusing meet, to be honest. Like other people in this thread however, I prefer to avoid zoom ahah. I'm already kinda forced to use it for classes, but it's really not the best. 

Doliba

Apr 8, 2020
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
I think this is a great idea actually if it's done over discord. For this to actually happen we need someone who's good at organizing things, or someone can even pitch this up to the website staff to make a kinmunity thing.

Vikke

Jan 7, 2020
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Neutral
I love the idea of that. Depending on the day/time, I'd be down to show up if it were on Discord since I'm more familiar with the platform than the former, which I've never used.

Avonmora

Nov 24, 2019
Bones
🦴2.02BN
Pronouns
Feminine
I think this is an awesome idea and I'd love to see something like this, but I do have to put out there some general concern about younger members being a part of it if we're talking a video-chat. Like, it's not that I don't trust the people on this community ('cause I love the people here), but general online safety stuff. 

Dinocanid

Apr 19, 2020
Bones
🦴7.38BN
Pronouns
Masculine
I think this is an awesome idea and I'd love to see something like this, but I do have to put out there some general concern about younger members being a part of it if we're talking a video-chat. Like, it's not that I don't trust the people on this community ('cause I love the people here), but general online safety stuff. 
If it were to be open to all members, then there would have to be precautions in place like:

1. Must be at least 13

2. Keep conversations appropriate for general audiences

3. No location sharing (which is a given, but might as well mention it anyway)

4. Probably more that I'm currently forgetting

I think I've been in kin/therian voice calls before years ago on a different site that allowed younger members to participate, although you couldn't just say literally anything of course.

There is a benefit to allowing younger members though, like how some people learn better through hearing than reading and it could be a good opportunity to hold a "class" of some sort.

If a video/call meet were to happen, I think it would be interesting to go the virtual convention route. A set number of days (usually a weekend), with panels on specific topics being held at scheduled times.  So for example, there might be a wolfkin meetup at 1pm, some kind of multiplayer game session at 3pm, psychological otherkin meetup at 5pm, etc. (Some events also run concurrently, so people have a choice of what they want to see at certain times)

EDIT: That actually sounds really interesting now that I think about it lol. If anyone was genuinely interested in setting something like that up let me know, I could help out

Last edited by a moderator: