Sonic The Hedgehog | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Sonic The Hedgehog

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Shiro, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.56
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Alright, I think it goes without saying that I’m a *major* Sonic The Hedgehog fan. So, it’s about time there’s a Sonic thread on Kinmunity.

The first thing I want to talk about are Sega's announcements for the 25th anniversary of Sonic. It seems they're finally listening to fans and they've announced two new Sonic games. The first being Sonic Mania, which seems to be a continuation to the original platformer done right, rather than the terrible "innovations" added in Sonic 4. Additionally, they've announced Project Sonic 2017 which simply looks awesome. Sonic's future is finally looking bright again, and I'm extremely excited for this.

New Sonic Games Announced
    Sonic Mania
    Project Sonic 2017*
    *despite appearance of classic sonic in the video, it is confirmed by Sega that this is not related to Sonic Generations.

So, in addition to discussing the future of Sonic, I think this is a great thread for listing our favorite games.

Favorite 2D Games (in order from most to least favorite)
    1. Sonic 2 The Hedgehog
    2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    3. Sonic 3
    4. Sonic The Hedgehog (16 bit)
    Favorite 3D Games (in order from most to least favorite)
    1. Sonic Adventure (DX)
    2. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle)
    3. Sonic Heroes
    4. Sonic Colors
    5. Sonic Unleashed
    6. Sonic Generations
    What does everyone else think of Sonic's future, and what are your favorite games?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paniczoure

Paniczoure The White-Furred Artist
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ131.40
    Bright PhilterTransparent PhilterVanishing PhilterSilver Otherkin HeptagramSilver Theta DeltaWuffy
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :)
    I always had a soft spot for the blue hedgehog, I have barely played the old games unfortunately. But I have played some of them.
    • Sonic Unleashed
    • Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle (Loved the Chao Garden. :blushwolf:)
    • Sonic Advance
    • Sonic Pinball Party
    • Sonic Heroes
    • Sonic Battle
    • Sonic Riders (Love this one. ;-;)
    I haven't played Colors, but I did watch a LP.
    And I saw my bro and cousin play Sonic and the Black Knight.

I also have a bunch of drawings of Sonic, specially Unleashed.
    Aside from that, Sonic Mania looks absolutely astonishing! (And they said pixel-y games were dead.)

3. Svant Ixen

Svant Ixen Fire in the Sky
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33,166.57
    Background KeyGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionSilver Dragon CoinGold Dragon CoinFerocious Green DragonChibi DragonFerocious Navy DragonBronze Otherkin HeptagramBronze Dragon CoinFerocious Red DragonVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    GOTTA GO FAST. :D

I adore Sonic Colours, Gens, HD Unleashed, and 3 & Knuckles. Grew up with SA2B. I adore Sonic as a character.

4. Kira von Celeritas

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ131.38
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    Omg! A Sonic thread! <3 *_*
    I totally love the games and everything related to Sonic the Hedgehog.
    My friend imported the comic series to Germany (because she loves Sonic just as much as I do and without her I wouldn`t even know about that blue hedgehog XD)
    My favourite game will always be Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle
    I loved the chao garden as well and it was the first game I played which will always bring up nostalgic feelings for me of the time where I visited my friend just so that we could play that Sonic game all day long :D

5. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    The new 3D game is at least inspired by Generations, which is good; Generations was great, and I don't know why they bothered with new mechanics in Lost World or Sonic Boom. And even though I don't like modern games with retro graphics, Sonic Mania is a good cross between retro and modern 2D graphics. It's way better than if they did it in a straight Genesis style.

My favorite 2D Sonic game is a bit of a weird one: Sonic 2 & Knuckles. For those unaware, if you plug Sonic 2 into Sonic & Knuckles you can play as the red echidna in Sonic 2. Sonic 2 was my first true video game, and I love Knuckles, so it's an easy choice.

3D is harder. It's either Sonic Adventure DX or Sonic Generations. I also want to give a shout out to the sadly ignored Sonic and the Secret Rings, which I really like.

I'm actually in a Sonic mood lately, not only because of the new announcements, but also because I've been re-reading the comic crossovers between Sonic and Mega Man. And since I had to get a new PC monitor yesterday, I played Generations to test it.

Here's something that should be interesting: who's your favorite Sonic character? I prefer to count only characters in games, but it's up to you. Mine is Bark the Polar Bear. Yes, he is a real character, from Sonic the Fighters. Second is Knuckles.

Geez, I have so much to say about this series. The music! The characters! I've been playing Sonic longer than any other series.

#5 Gryff, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1