...species....regression????

calicalico

Apr 10, 2020
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Hey !! I’ve got a question!

Prefacing this with a note that I’m autistic & that might potentially be affecting the way I perceive myself !! so just keep that in mind pls 

So, I’ve heard of age regression, where people mentally regress to a younger age to cope with trauma, and I’m wondering if that could potentially happen with mental /species/? When I’m dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, or trauma, sometimes i shift into a much more housecat-like state, so much that I consider myself to be part housecat during those times. When I’m like that, it helps me to do housecat-like things, or effectively treat myself as one. Is there a name for this?

BubbleSpirit

Apr 8, 2020
Bones
🦴3.02BN
Pronouns
Neutral
Hmmm...there is such a term as copinglink, where a person deliberately takes on an identity (that might otherwise be classified as kin) in order to help cope with stress, trauma, etc. I’m certainly no expert in this, but from what I know of C’links it’s that they are chosen. Is the housecat mentality a deliberate and conscious choice? If so, I might say you do in fact have a copinglink! Especially if it seems to only come out during stressful periods or times in order to help you cope.

calicalico

Apr 10, 2020
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Hmmm...there is such a term as copinglink, where a person deliberately takes on an identity (that might otherwise be classified as kin) in order to help cope with stress, trauma, etc. I’m certainly no expert in this, but from what I know of C’links it’s that they are chosen. Is the housecat mentality a deliberate and conscious choice? If so, I might say you do in fact have a copinglink! Especially if it seems to only come out during stressful periods or times in order to help you cope.
Hmm that seems about right!! It’s not entirely chosen as it’s been a mechanism I’ve used for most of my life, but maybe i chose it at first, I dunno :0 thanks for the help!