Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an alterhuman community serving otherkin, the furry fandom, fictionkin, therians, vampires, coping links, plural systems, and the other-hearted. We provide our users with a wide variety of features, such as: forums, media center, articles library, user blogs, social groups, live chat, and more!

Curious? Come join us today!

Spirit projection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal to see your spirit animal running along a path that is best to fallow, I've seen them a few times but I am simply seeking the answers to if it is normal, and what could cause it?

For extra detail in case needed, when I've seen the it's as if they would run out from inside myself, and appear to be as solid as a normal wolf

CopperCoyote

I can't say I've had any experience with what you just described.  but it's important to note that there's a big difference between a spirit animal and a kintype.  A spirit guide (animal or otherwise) is a separate, external entity who's trying to guide you in the right direction.  

By contrast, your kintype is you.  If you feel that your wolf side is a separate being in any way, then it's not a kintype.  

Be careful to not get the two mixed up.  It's a trap that I fell into early on after my awakening and it made the process of trying to figure out what I am a lot more confusing then it needed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
I second @Curious Canine, but actually the question is not too clear. Do you mean to say that you see one or more wolves running out from yourself onto the path in front of you? Are you a wolf yourself? Was this a dream vision or a real vision / hallucination? In the latter case, did you rule out any medical condition or other reason for the vision? Did others see the animals too?

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
It might not be considered normal, but it is reasonably common for people to have spirit companions that try to help out, though I've also heard of some spirits who were not so helpful. Keep that in mind and do not blindly follow any spirit. If it gets you in trouble then, "The spirit told me to do it," is never a good defense. 

However, it is not normal for them to look like they're physically there in front of you. That would be a hallucination, and it may be a sign of something more serious going on. If it's not physical, then it shouldn't look physical. That means you can't always trust that your senses are accurate. 

Alec29

This sounds pretty similar to a patron/matron spirit. I don't think you meant to use the term "spirit animal" with malice, but I have been told that spirit animals may be part of a closed Native American practice. I am not a Native myself, but I have been told this by someone who is. Just wanted to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.