Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Statement on OtherCon

We are aware of a yearly virtual convention called OtherCon, chaired by an individual known in the community as Dinocanid. While we were initially rather excited by the prospect of a convention focused primarily on the communities we serve, at this time, Kinmunity is unable to support this event due to privacy and security concerns along with the discriminatory conduct of the event's staff and management team. The event is managed in a way that goes against Kinmunity's Bill Of Rights as well as the spirit of inclusivity and acceptance that Kinmunity hopes to foster as a community. Additionally, our staff team have identified various security and privacy concerns with the OtherCon website and the way in which age verification is implemented at OtherCon. For these reasons, we strongly recommend that our members do not attend the convention.

Our members are free to make their own choices of which communities, websites, and events to be a part of - if you choose to enjoy OtherCon, we hope that you use a unique password on their website that you don't use anywhere else, and that you do not use their identification card upload system to verify your age. Additionally, we have listed OtherCon on our unsafe resources list. As such, we will not permit the advertising of OtherCon or its events anywhere on our site going forward. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. We really wanted to be able to support this event, but unfortunately, we cannot until changes are made to ensure everyone is treated fairly with respect and dignity, and that privacy and security of their attendees are respected.

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
It/Its
If I may ask, as I am unaware as someone who has attended in the past n plan attendance (safely, of course) this year, what conduct have the team done that is discriminatory? I only know that they do not permit known/self-identifying zoophiles and pedophiles from attending (which obviously isn't discriminatory, so I know that's not what's being alluded to.)

Naia

The Wolf Girl
Staff member
Administrator
Polyamorous Pride
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
She/Her
OtherCon arbitrarily denies registration to people based on personal views, and cites the following policy for doing so, refusing to give any further explanation:

Any action or behavior that causes significant interference with convention operations, excessive discomfort to other attendees, or adversely affects our relationship with our guests, is strictly forbidden and may result in permanent suspension of attendee privileges.

This policy is used inappropriately to deny registration to people who are not a threat to the convention in a discriminatory and arbitrary way.

swiftpaw

It/Its
I'd like to know since my system is doing a panel this year, what ways have they denied registration to people based on personal views? I've had some uncomfortable encounters in their off-year server and I agree with their card policy being unsafe and regret doing it in its first year, but I haven't at least personally seen them denying registration outside of zoos and I'd like to know a little more about that if that's alright

Naia

The Wolf Girl
Staff member
Administrator
Polyamorous Pride
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
She/Her
We aren’t going to provide any more information other than they have denied registration to people arbitrarily who are not zoos, maps, or otherwise involved in criminal behavior in effort to respect the privacy of those involved. This decision on the part of Kinmunity is final.