Stereotypes of demons | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Stereotypes of demons

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I was wanting to hear about and discuss the stereotypes that are pegged on demons. For those of you who are not demons I will explain why I believe these stereotypes are unjust.

Now other then myself I have only talked to a few select demon otherkin. That I believe are not fake like a demonkin who recently joined this site around the time of this posting. Of course he was completely ripped into and sent packing. Anyways these demon otherkin are not evil or even malevolent beings, this includes myself. The ones I have talked to so far are generally gentle and nice people unless you hit a nerve or outright try to bring out their bad sides. Just like a normal person.

I hate how we are depicted as being of only pure evil and chaos. Does anyone else feel this way?

2. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I agree that the sentiment upsets me. Demons aren't two dimensional. There are things about all of the races within that blanket term that are stereotypes that are kind of true (most succubi like sex, for instance), but that doesn't mean they are one hundred percent true (young succubi who have to have intercourse just to survive when they are still not mature tend to find it irritating and oppressive that they don't have a choice).

Still, I have a fairly dim view of humanity. I struggle with it quite often, but it does mean that I don't get too incensed about the stereotyping unless it's blatantly directed at me. If I were to look like I do in spirit on Earth and someone assumed something about me based on my appearance, I'd get upset. Since that's not likely to happen any time soon, I just ignore it. Unless it becomes relevant, I don't think it really matters to me.

3. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I willingly beat all steriotypes and isms out of myself as a young teenager. I knew they where wrong and removed them by force. I wish more people would so this I really do. I also have a dim outlook on humanity. Humans can be downright cruel and sinister. Some otherkin are aswell so I am not going to point fingers and say it's just them.

Some steriotypes will make me mad if I hear them, because it's just so far out there and unfair. I recently had someone discriminate against me due to my kintype. They implied quite heavily I was easy and should just give into my nature. Of course they got a violent lashing for that. I sort of regret not leaving a giant ugly spiritual scar on them for it.

Sadly even not being in our spiritual forms physically we are still steriotyped against. Like "Oh she's a ginger she must have a bad temper." Yeah I got red hair, yes I have a temper. Are the two related? No. Drop it. Ya know?

4. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    I had a dream a while back that the veil fell, and there were literal bridges across the void between dimensions that were grown. You could cross them, but you'd be driving for a couple days if you wanted to. There were places where the bridges had structures on top, and people had put something like truck stops on them. The bridges were huge, and enclosed, and there were areas for trains and for vehicles. The trains were great, and they were used to get goods to the stops, but because they had to take supplies to the truck stops they had to stop periodically. If you had a few people sleeping in shifts you could get across faster, and in the dream we were truck drivers.

We stopped at one of the stops to get a bite to eat and use the bathroom in the dream. I looked almost entirely like a succubus... I was stopped by a human male who made some vulgar motions and said something along the lines of "Want a good time?"

If something like that happened to me, I'd be hard pressed not to throw the person off the bridge and into the void. The bridge still wasn't fully enclosed everywhere, so it was something I could have done in the dream... But I didn't.

But yes, I get the idea. It just doesn't come up much in my human life. (Thank the gods).

5. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Paidia Haidou that dream sounded great minus the douche. That would be totally awesome if that happened!

6. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    It wasn't just the one guy in the dream, though. I ended up snapping at him to shut up and move out of the way, but I didn't speak English. I'm not sure what I actually said... but his eyes glazed over and he stepped out of the way... And people started taking pictures.

Part of the context of the dream was there was a myth going around that if someone could do "magic" then they weren't just an otherkin from Earth. They had to have been from the spirit world to begin with... which meant that they had never been human. So everyone there that was a tourist thought I was some person from another world, and nothing I said would have convinced them otherwise. It was really irritating and dispiriting in the dream.

7. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Paidia Haidou that would of been an irritating rumor but I would just use it to scare people so they would leave me alone.

8. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    That works til they grab their torches and pitchforks. Or in this century, shot guns and baseball bats. :p

9. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
  10. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ306.73
    Brimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    the way we are depicted is horribly skewed, and I agree, those that hit a nerve, or think its funny to provoke us, may see our darker side, saying that, I work hard to not let a whole lot bother me, it can get challenging, and those that know me, know I will help out anywhere there is a problem or a question, and I will be nice, but yes, people can be cruel, but I don't hold it against them. I've dealt with a few douches, one of which, labeled me as a target because of my name alone which is beyond ridiculous, I ended up laughing when they got banned from the site, but otherwise, I don't have any issues. I live in a relatively friendly and accepting place, and am known to try and keep the peace, and in doing so, I have made quite a few good friends that I am loyal to, and will protect them.

11. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.62
    Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    We're not open about being otherkin in society, but I'm... unsettled, I suppose, by the amount of people who live near us who claim to have seen, sensed, banished or been possessed by demons. I don't want to come out as a separate entity just yet, much less as a demon, because of it. Also because we live with medical professionals, but that's a system fear and not a demonkin fear.
     Teresa  

12. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    People often forget that functional is important. They could render a being unable to function by trying to remove one of us because we legitimately are part of the host body and aren't even trying to harm it. A lot of times people make assumptions about something before even thinking about it. I honestly think that they just want something that they can hate and get away with, because almost no one is going to defend one of us... No matter what sort of spirit we are normally.