Stranger Things? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Stranger Things?

Discussion in 'Televison & Movies' started by Edan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Edan

Edan Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ198.90
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Help. I've recently gotten pulled deep down into the show Stranger Things and I have finished the whole series in one day. 8 hours on binge watching. In general I just to know that i'm hopefully not the only one screaming over this. I actually don't even like horror movies but this didn't scare me, I guess it's more of a sci-fi scary then an actually serial killer is going to come into your house and murder you scary.

2. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    Excuse me, but I FREAKING LOVE STRANGER THINGS!!! I watched the whole series over two days (unfortunately I had stuff I had to do inbetween), and I absolutely cannot wait for the second season! It's stange to think that I almost didn't watch it. I saw people talking about it online, and I just thought "oh yeah, probably one of those shows that people talk about but isn't actually that good" (doesn't help that netflix originals tend to be a bit hit-and-miss for me). But jeeze did I end up eating my words!

The only thing that disappointed me was the death of Barb. It kind of just felt like they were trying to get her out of the way so Nancy could have her character development.

3. Edan

Edan Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ198.90
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    I was debating on watching it too, mostly because I didn't want to get involved in yet another crazy fandom. Then I remembered I did the same thing with Steven Universe so I went ahead and watched it and man it was worth it.

Barb's death really hurt my feelings honestly, she was my favorite character honestly. Right when I thought that when I first saw her on screen I then thought "oh crap I like her that means she's going to die doesn't it" and guess who was right.

4. Sparkself

Sparkself Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.00
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Oh man, I was also mad about Barb. It seemed like such a cheap shot. And then her parents (or mom, I guess, since that's the only one you see) didn't really seem all that terribly broken up over her disappearance.

I also hated how Nancy ended up with Steve in the end anyway. His 180 seemed really sudden and contrived. I still think he's just as much of a gross guy as he was at the beginning of the season. I don't think I wanted Nancy to end up with Johnathan either cause that would be too stereotypical. I just wish she could be fine by herself.

Despite all that, I did really like the show. I loved Dustin and Eleven the best, though all the young kids were good. Of all my friends, I seem to be the only one that didn't like and was not impressed with Hopper

5. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    It was really noticable how no one seemed to really care about Barb's disappearance. Everyone except Nancy just seemed to accept the story that she ran away. Even Nancy's concern for Barb seemed a bit shallow at times. Barb definitely deserved better.

Honestly, I thought they were setting it up that Nancy would end up with Jonothan, but then they kind of pulled the rug out from under that. It was a pretty interesting decision, and definitely a nice change from the norm. But, yeah, not too happy with her ending up with Steve, especially with some of the treatment be gave her when she first started hanging with Jonothan.

I'm a bit on the fence about Hopper. It's obvious the death of his daughter left him with some deep issues and led him to make some bad decisions, but at the same time it's partly his fault. It's obvious he pushed people away and allowed himself to wallow in his own pity instead of trying to get help or accept help from others. But, his actions with the kids, Joyce, and the upside-down have gone a long way towards redeeming his character, in my eyes. (especially after he risked his own life breaking into a top secret facility)