Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Stupid story.

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
So this happened like a few seconds ago at the time of writing this XD.

I was on a stream for a voice actor from a show I liked and told her about me coming out as a therian to my step mother, as we all know. She was happy for me. <w>

Then someone in the chat said he/she/they hope I get over my "therian" phase. Some beings ended up supporting me in the chat and saying you know, hey, let people be themselves. It's a OK if anyone's a therian. Which I really appreciated. It's always nice getting more support for my identities.

Koa

Pronouns
Masculine
It's very rude of that person to assert that you're going through a phase, though it is good that there were people who had your back. I agree that this isn't a "stupid" story.

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Xenogender Pride
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
It is one thing that bothers me about the concept of fast paced instant messaging... Nobody has time to challenge one's thoughts. So instead you're left with these off handed comments with no resolution, because the only thing you can do in that sort of platform is to either... reply with an equally baseless response, or attempt to write a detailed challenge and have it lost within the sea of emojis and one word messages. It's so easy to harass people on these platforms and get away without having learned anything at all.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
It is one thing that bothers me about the concept of fast paced instant messaging... Nobody has time to challenge one's thoughts. So instead you're left with these off handed comments with no resolution, because the only thing you can do in that sort of platform is to either... reply with an equally baseless response, or attempt to write a detailed challenge and have it lost within the sea of emojis and one word messages. It's so easy to harass people on these platforms and get away without having learned anything at all.
This should come as no surprise to any even remotely familiar to my method of writing at all but this is my single largest issue in today's world of online interaction. I may be a relic of the past in many ways but so too am I here. So much of what has been or attempted to be said has been lost, wasted really, on those who gloss over it with no regard - not even a moment's reading. In fact, the largest complaint I regularly received was that I "wrote too much". We are in a sorry state in terms of social media and discourse at large. Humans could barely handle spoken and later written language.

Then someone in the chat said he/she/they hope I get over my "therian" phase. Some beings ended up supporting me in the chat and saying you know, hey, let people be themselves. It's a OK if anyone's a therian.
As for "getting over the therian phase", some persons really need to, because it is not them, then there are a lot of others who really need to get into it and embrace themselves. Finding the path and walking it, taking the trail, tramping it out for oneself and winding the way are all things people need to do, especially young ones, be them therian or otherwise. I am glad that there are those still willing to evoke choice and learning in this, as well as being meaningfully supportive of it, @FoxyAnimations.

Drakmanka

Genderfluid Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I'm glad the majority were supportive! I had someone PM me once on DeviantART to tell me I needed to "get out of" being Otherkin. They were utterly convinced I was being brainwashed by someone. I told them off for being an asshole and ignoring the warnings on my page stating specifically that I will block and report for harassment anyone who tried to disparage my identity, then did exactly that.
Some folks just don't know how to mind their own business, and I'm glad that person got called out!

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
As for "getting over the therian phase", some persons really need to, because it is not them, then there are a lot of others who really need to get into it and embrace themselves. Finding the path and walking it, taking the trail, tramping it out for oneself and winding the way are all things people need to do, especially young ones, be them therian or otherwise. I am glad that there are those still willing to evoke choice and learning in this, as well as being meaningfully supportive of it, @FoxyAnimations.
this being didn't even know if I needed to get over it, I think he/she/they just don't understand therianthropy. You have a point here though, @Red-in-Tooth.

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Xenogender Pride
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
This should come as no surprise to any even remotely familiar to my method of writing at all but this is my single largest issue in today's world of online interaction. I may be a relic of the past in many ways but so too am I here. So much of what has been or attempted to be said has been lost, wasted really, on those who gloss over it with no regard - not even a moment's reading. In fact, the largest complaint I regularly received was that I "wrote too much". We are in a sorry state in terms of social media and discourse at large. Humans could barely handle spoken and later written language.
I sympathise greatly. I cannot stand Twitch or Twitter for example... I think it's an insult to human intelligence to purposefully limit how much we can say. The amount of arguments and misunderstandings I've witnessed on both of these platforms, because one didn't have the capacity to fully explain their idea - it's astronomical. Any form of reasoning and debate turns into "No, fuck you". :crywolf: Because hey, it fits the word limit.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
Supposedly "witty" quips, content dubiously shaded as humor, popularity contests, and the lack of social decorum will do that indeed, @Jeb_CC.

I have shared this story before about the parable, or one could call it a fable too since it involves animals, wherein the subject was therians or rather the greater otherkin blanket that had come up in conversation. Actual conversation, I will add, in the sense of a dialogue face to face amongst a group of people. While it was all good fun and teasing about it, I happened to come into it unaware what the subject was, and once I listened in, I started to create conversation that it truly matters very little what a group is, rather what the individual is. I used a parrot for an example, that if someone wished to identify as - catering the language to the audience - a parrot, I haven't an issue with it so long as they were the best parrot they could be - that they lived justly to themselves and did not harm, that they made things no worse on purpose.

By and large the little mocking circle turned more into an introspective experience, which ultimately led to a few heartfelt and vulnerable things said by those peers among the group, which sort of left them with an apparent shame; a spectre of sort of realization had fallen upon them and they seemed to "get" the meaning of what was said. It was not about the "people who think they're wolves and run around on all fours and howl" while wearing fake ears, rather that in a way, those individuals had come into touch with something more sincere than any of them, and it it was poignant moment. It radically altered the mood.

The only reason they listened to me was because I mentioned it as a respected authority figure. I was the one who they always came to in order to have questions answered, whether it be about their actual work or about life in general, or even just to know things and have it explained in a way written word could never outright convey - what social media and the internet could not teach.

But when one looks to here, the digital world, all we see is the pandering to sort of a faceless mobbing mentality. There is no real discussion anymore, no real reading, no real philosophizing or articulating, no dialogues or confrontations in-person where they arise. It is easy to just lash out and think nothing of it, while a horde of people clap absent-minded to it because it was "funny" or pandering to an idea. For how "lazy" it could be said of ancient peoples to sit around all day as academics or priests or philosophers and hold lengthy articulations on the matter, obviously a great deal more actual thought and understanding was achieved.