tails | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

tails

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sonebi, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Sonebi

Sonebi Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ103.16
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Do any of you have phantom tails?
    I do , I'm not sure on the look of it yet but I feel it is there.
    Do you have a tail and what does it look like?

• Like Like x 1
  2. RedDragon

RedDragon Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5.83
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I do. It's fairly long and it's the red. I also have phantom wings. I'm dragonkin.

3. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,388.16
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I frequently have phantom tails. The majority of the time I feel my draconic tail since I am a suntheriomythic (meaning I am always in a state of shift, but the percent fluctuates). However, when I have a proper mental/phantom shift into my sea otter theriotype I feel my otter tail.

4. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.82
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    Quite often. Mine usually feels about proportionate to my body, which isn't saying much since I had a really long tail, so my phantom tail feels like it is about 10-15 feet long, 30 on occasions. It just feels long and floppy, I can sometimes move it around, but most of the time I can just move the very end of it.

5. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Bones:
    Ƀ1,128.79
    Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I don't have any tails in response to my kintype, though I have experienced a phantom fox tail from one of my past walk-ins. I found it uncomfortable, but as that walk-in stuck around a bit more, it began to be come more pleasant and soothing, I suppose. The tail was about the length from my rump to my ankle, so it was a fair bit long for me: someone who'd been yet to experience a phantom tail.

Now, sadly that walk-in has left me since then, but I still find myself intentionally triggering a phantom tail for myself. I find it comforting.

6. Edan

Edan Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ198.90
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I do have a phantom tail, I talk about it a lot in my blog here. My tail tends to appear when I'm startled or excited. It also can be very hard to control. It's very hard to explain to someone that you're distracted by your phantom tail as much as it is hard to pretend nothing is wrong when it's wagging frantically behind you.

7. Shezep

Shezep Hatchling
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ435.67
    Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Sometimes I have a tail. It changes though, part of that polymorph thing. I usually feel it more than see it, so I might feel how long or flexible it is, but not know what it would look like. Sometimes it's long, sometimes short. Sometimes it swishes around. Sometimes it just sits there doing nothing. Sometimes it fans like a bird's tail.

8. Kerguelen

Kerguelen Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ281.78
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    Yes! It's a fan of feathers. I can move it a bit.

9. Homura

Homura Hatchling
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ687.54
    CrowBlack Cat
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I basically feel a feline tail most of the time. It responds to my emotions as well eg. lashing when angry, raising it a bit when interested in something and I can move it voluntarily (I often just curve the tip away from the ground when I walk, much like a big cat does). Espeon shifts are similar to a domestic cat's but the tip is forked and is much more "sensitive" in that it responds to air currents and also tends to "vibrate" slightly like a dowsing rod when I'm concentrating on something.

During werewolf shifts, the wolf tail is much shorter than a feline one but more heavier and fluffier. Most of the time it just hangs down and I can feel it bumping against my legs when I walk.

I also frequently get avian shifts (still slowly figuring it out) and it basically is just a fan of feathers much like Kerguelen described above.

10. Xavier

Xavier Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ408.23
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :oldman:
    Yep. Mine is so long, it drags behind me, not too long, but is long enough to do so. It splits at the very end (much like a snake's tongue) and is very boney. I can not move it myself, it does it's own thing. It's almost frustrating having it. People like to sit on it. ;')

11. puppyresidue

puppyresidue A Small Doggo
    VIP DragonHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ45,360.75
    Otherkin HeptagramChibi Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    My tail shifts are usually pretty brief so I can only really make out that it's scaly and tapered before it's gone. Dunno what else it looks like. One of these days, man. One of these days I'll figure it out.

...I guess you could say I'm chasing my tail.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xavier

Xavier Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ408.23
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :oldman:
    You--
    I can't--
    Stop yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    While I don't usually have a phantom tail, it does sometimes appear and varies between creatures. One of the strongest shifts I had in regards to tails was Toothless', I could feel each part of the tail and it swished on the ground behind me as I walked like his does. It was weird, but nice.

14. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Bones:
    Ƀ943.39
    Blue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    I have a constant phantom tail, it reaches about 1/2 way down my calf. Its a big fluffy wolf tail in winter and in summer it always feels a lot slimmer, as I guess as a wolf I would moult into a summer coat. I prefer my winter tail!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tuskegee

Tuskegee Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ21.80
    Theta Delta
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Yes, I do have a phantom tail. Differs from season (The fur coat.). Though it only seems to appear mostly when I'm mental shifting or depending on my emotions or movement. Such as when I'm running, I can feel my wolf phantom tail.

16. DeathsLoli

DeathsLoli Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ17.62
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Iam constanly feeling my ears,wings, and tail have been mostly since 2012. There are days were it seems iam down? Were i feel human...i hate that the most. But my tail is about 4 feet with hide and a fluff with some feathers at the end. Iam dragon kin. Iam one of the only dragon kin that i have seen with feathers on my wings and tail. But the more my soul merges with this physical form the more i will know. Things have been interesting the last 2 weeks for all my friends . I just hope the physical part of the ascending the starts soon.

17. Lee RuralWolf

Lee RuralWolf A.K.A Lee Lobo (Mexican Wolf)
    K9 Unit

Bones:
    Ƀ1,099.63
    Theta Delta
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    My tail when I feel it is bushy, wirey. Not different from the texture, contour of a Husky or German Shepherd.

But mine is thinner as my body is smaller/thinner. I went for months without feeling a phantom tail. Then started too with no warning or influence.

Lee

18. Draconi kratosus

Draconi kratosus Keeper of the Memory, Dream Interpreter

Bones:
    Ƀ20.97
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I have phantom tail/s for the most part. Usually draconic but occasionally sphinx. (So feline)
    Both are about 6ft long and I am able to control them.

But when both happen at once it just becomes impossible to sit down at all.