Terraria. | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Terraria.

Discussion in 'Games & Video Games' started by Raijun, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    With the 1.3 update a few weeks behind us, and most expert mode tactics having already been mastered, it's time for this thread to make its entrance.

So what does everyone think? It is beautiful, or is it beautiful.

I'm about to be on three different servers with some friends, and I'm the builder out of everyone there. So I'm planning out new and interesting town designs to house the NPCs. The Dryad is now central to them all, as her buff is a nice thing to have. I absolutely love how the NPCs actually defend themselves now, and even "talk" amongst each other like people in The Sims. I'm so in love with that.

Also, Cenx (The wife of Redigit, the lead designer) is considering a mechanics overhaul. Better wiring and whatnot.

2. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.35
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We have a lot of fun playing it. Though our group of friends kind of cheated. We took our hard built characters and put them in a new game. But that was only one world. We also find that once you beat the Moon Lord the weapons he drops are over powered. Like the prism. My Mage character has it and can run it essentially without pause as long as I have mana positions in my inventory. It also helps that the character has 400 mana and a lot of mana cost reduction on it's spells.

We're also really happy to see that we can join a game through steam. It makes it a lot easier to play with everyone n
    ~Jessie

3. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Agreed on all counts! When I got the Solar Eruption from the Moon Lord, I truly and honestly thought I had been handed some sort of actually legitimately overpowered Dev weapon meant for just clearing the screen of enemies. It really is the most amazing weapon I've seen in a long, long time. I mean I also love the S.D.M.G for its immense damage, but it's nothing truly special; it's just another minishark or megashark, though those are my main ranged weapons for the most part. I'm a loyalist. :)

I'm surprised I'm not more of a Yoyo person, really. Not sure why I don't use them more.

4. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,048.73
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Wow I'm really disappointed that I didn't notice this thread sooner :(
    I personally love 1.3, with the new mobs, bosses, everything about it. I've played probably 5 new characters already, and only 1 of those was expert mode :p I have to say, I really love playing as a mage with this new update, especially with my friends playing summoner and ranged as support. Those endgame mage items are sick, but I've gotten them on 1 playthrough. I'm trying to get them on my expert mage, but it seems that they don't really like to drop all that much (items in question are Last Prism and Lunar Flare, out of the 50+ fights I've done on the Moon Lord, they've only dropped once each). I feel like the percentages on the drops are all screwy, but I won't care about it. I'm also farming the hardmode bosses so I can get Crowno's clothes, because they're really fitting for a mage :D

5. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Yes, they are. :-3

The percentages for the drops from the Moon Lord are all equal, oddly. Though I seem to get the Portal gun with something else, and some Luminite or whatever. I get a lot of portal guns. <.< And odd tentacles. And Gravity Orbs. G'haa I don't remember names of things today.

I was particularly shocked at the Solar Eruption sword. It feels like some sort of cheat weapon. It isn't. It's just too incredible though. Though the Fetid Baghnakhs are probably the next best Melee weapon. It really is like walking into a blender when you use those against something. Make a lot of Keys of Light and dark and put them in standard wooden chests as the only item in the chest after Hard mode. Be prepared for a fight.

6. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,048.73
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Portal gun has 100% chance to spawn if you don't have one in your inventory, but it spawns with one of the other items, all of which have equal 11.3% chance to spawn.
    Trust me, I know the power of the Solar Eruption and Fetid Baghnakhs. All 3 of us on my server farmed the crimson mimics for hours to get them, then spent more time getting their modifiers perfect for our classes.